Unreal Tournament Stalling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreal Tournament Stalling

When I play UT, the original not new one, it stalls during game play. It started when I switched from my T-bird to XP processor. No other hardware has changed. I even downloaded a patch (4.36, I think) eventhough I never needed a pathc before, but it didn't work. I even tried loading the latest Hyperion drivers, but it still stalls. Any suggestions?

Specs:
    Epox 8k3a
    XP 1600+
    Win98SE
    GF3
    WD 80GBSE

I read somewhere that UT was sensitive to OC'ing so processor and VCard are both at stock, but it didn't help.
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

1. download Nvcleaner
    2. download dets 30.82's
    3. nvclean any nvidia drivers and install 30.82's

4. check your temps ?
    5. what hsf are you using ?

get back to me with the info

Comment

CPU temps are ~46C after a deathmatch. I went throught the gammit of NV drivers, I am using 23.11 which I loaded after last fresh install. So there are no old drivers gunking up my system. And frankly none of the newer drivers improved performance. I would rather not upgrade my video drivers just for the sake of upgrading.

I did remember that I ugraded one other piece of hardware at the same time I upgraded the processor. I went from 256M Mushkin pc2400 to 256MCorsair PC2700 XMS. I have reduced the memory timings to the least aggressive. Still no go. Is there a problem XP processors or Corsair memory?

I played the game for a long time with my 1.4T-bird @ 1663 and my mushkin memory at the most aggressive timings and my 23.11 dets with no problems at all. I played the game right out of the box!

It is a little frustrating to watch the image freeze only to see your body parts scattering when it unfreezes! :scream:

JM
      Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

Working...
      X