Pop Ups!!!!!! Ahhhhh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop Ups!!!!!! Ahhhhh

Does ANYONE (I cant search for it cause its to short to go in search) know how to kill all those stupid pop ups, but not using a program that will kill alot of memory? <- Kill as in that...

I'm sure you've seen the countless fraudulent popup "killers" out there. To be honest, most of them are complete bullsnot. One very amazing company though, has a killer popup killer (so to speak).

Check it out. POW popup killer from AnalogX. It might be exactly what you're looking for.

http://www.analogx.com/contents/down...etwork/pow.htm

Also, moving this thread to the Applications section.
    Chris "Raven"
    News Crew - TweakTown
    <!--
    <font size=1>
    <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
    - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
    - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
    - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
    </font>
    // -->
    "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

sounds like your search tool should be a higher priority in this particular instance:?:
      On that note; Google - there is no substitute for general web searching.

In regards to your question, as you are looking for a resource-friendly utility, start with Analog X's POW!
      Analog X is known for his clean code and great working utilities.
      There are a lot of utilities that block pop-ups, but this is a great place to start, if for some reason you don't like this one; try Google, you'll find plenty more utilities there.

EDIT; well done Raven! beat me to the post big-time:D
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

MUHAHA.. beat ya Mr. C :D

Yes, a pointless post, to be sure. But I make so very few pointless posts so I'll splurge this time.
        Chris "Raven"
        News Crew - TweakTown
        <!--
        <font size=1>
        <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
        - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
        - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
        - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
        </font>
        // -->
        "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

And for what my $0.02aus is worth I'll also have to back AnologX's POW! as I've been usin' it for almost 2yrs now even on lowly K6-2/3's. :thumb:

Comment

Just to add to this discussion I think PopupCop does a great job - I haven't seen a popup since I installed it. But it also does more - it also blocks animations, scripts, flash ads, etc. etc. Very customizable and seems to be 100% effective. Give it a try.
            My Machine

Comment

As a side note, if anyone sees ANY popups on TweakTown, please take a screenshot and email to [email protected]

Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
              Managing Director
              Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

I haven't seen any for some while now. :thumb:
                Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                My Toys

Comment

I use Mozilla for browsing mainly for its built in pop-up killer..

Seriously though you can make your own pop-up killer just edit the hosts file on your box and point any servers that produce popup ads to 127.0.0.1 as long as you aren't running a webserver on your PC it works..

several sites have a good database list to kill pop-ups. including kazaalite.tk

Comment

Working...
                  X