Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W2K on Raid 0

Hi

I'm new at this (computers) so please bare with me if I ask a stupid question. I just recently built my first computer with the Abit KG7-Raid. I decided to test the Raid contorler by using my old HDDs first (10 gig 7200 Maxtor &Western Digital for stipping purpose). The problem is that Windows 2000 will not load up beacuse it can not find the HDDs. But when I use W98 it loads up with no problems. The Bios is telling me the with those 2 HDDs I 'm using the secondary IDEs (3 & 4). One side note, I removed all the Jumpers from the CD ROMS and HDDs.

What do you mean you removed all the jumpers? ....Do you know that you have to have a master ....if you hook anything else to the SAME data cable then it becomes the secondary? You switch the status of the devices via the jumpers

Comment

When you install Windows 2000, at the first stage of setup you need to press the F6 key when prompted to install a 3rd party driver. Then stick your driver disk in and let Win2K setup load your drivers.

I have to perform this procedure on my Promise RAID controller, otherwise it will not be detected either :cry:
      What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

No, Hbidad I have everything to hooked up to its own IDE. I have 4 on the Motherboard.

Thanks for the info Albinus:)

Comment

ahh, I was just about to leave that post....but you beat me to it!

Comment

Working...
          X