Serious Error in WinXP Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Error in WinXP Pro

Everytime i load into WinXP Pro I get a message that my computer has just recovered from a Serious Error. Can someone help me figure out what this error is, and then how to solve it. Also, how do i remove the login screen, so i do not need to login, but rather, it just loads into windows.

Thanks

Aaron

to lose the password - if you look in the control panel, there should be a user manager in there

go in there select ur account and set the password to nothing

not sitting at an XP box right now, or I'd give ya specific instructions, but u can prolly figure it out :)

about the error on bootup, what exactly does it tell ya?

Comment

I have my password set to nothing, and it still wants a login? i just press enter and it logs me in. i would like to remove the login screen step all together.

as for the error. it just says "your system has recovered from a serious error" it gives me the option to submit a report to microsoft (which sometimes causes another error) or just to cancel.

That is all it says.

I actually just did the windows XP tweaks, and have not been getting the error everytime now. but i would still like to get to the root of the problem.

Thanks for the help.

Aaron

Comment

i have found that if you only have one active user account on XP, then it automatically logs in.. When you get to the login screen, how many accounts are there available?

Comment

or if install pcanywhere 10.0
          http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Ok, i have my own account, which is an admin account with my name as the login, but no password. and then there is the admin account which has administrator as the login, and a password.

the guest account is disabled.

thats all there is.

let me know...

thanks
            aaron

Comment

Working...
            X