PDA

View Full Version : whats up with this?????

Dlab
12-28-2002, 05:36 AM
Hi Guys,

Hmmmmm, something isn't right, all the colors are weird on my system? The screen has a redish gray tinge, an the colors aren't blending. Ran a couple tests and everything else seems ok? Any Ideas?

thx

Dlab
12-28-2002, 06:05 AM
:D Well, while physcially changing components, still clueless...........

I reassembled what I had changed........the system fired up fine, after re-assembly.............?????????????

I wonder if it's a warning of a problem to come?

Wiggo
12-29-2002, 04:15 PM
Maybe though more likely just a poor seat in the slot as some manufacturers will add a very thin coating to protect the contacts from corrosion which is spose to wear away when inserted but sometimes this coating is sometimes a little thick and will require a couple of goes at seating to fully wear away. All memory and add on cards I reseat a few times before firing a system up as I've been caught out a few times before with this. ;)
<center>:cheers:</center>

Dlab
12-29-2002, 07:11 PM
I don't know what tweak'd, after a year of heavy con't use, it just started to act funky. It's been fine ever since. Did pickup abackup today anyway.............just incase. Like your house, lots of rigs............so even if I don't have problems, one of the others will. working on rig 6 and 7, currently.

:thumb: thanks as always,

I'm off to :hammer:

Wiggo
12-29-2002, 07:28 PM
Ok then it may have just been a bit of thermal creapage then as my now workshop PC has to have it's memory reseated about every 4-6 months or I'll have similar probs but I do the reseat every 3 months now as I clean the regular buildup of dust bunnies out so I havn't had that prob for about a year. ;)

As for the number of PC's at home that varies from day to day and I believe that I had two extras there before we left for our holidays) typin' this from my sister's place). :D
<center>:cheers:</center>