PDA

View Full Version : First Time OC

PK Ripper
01-24-2002, 04:41 AM
Fellow Tweakers,

As I recently posted, I'm new in the relm of computers. I'm however willing to turn my computer into a "lab-rat" for learning purposes. Instead of wasting your valuable time can someone direct me to any munual on how to over-clock. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Nick
01-24-2002, 06:16 AM
http://www.tweak3d.net/articles/howtooc1/

I havnt read it yet but its a CPU overclocking guide :thumb:

Albinus
01-24-2002, 10:41 AM
Or here (http://www.tweaktown.com/document.php?dType=guide&dId=18&dPage=1) on TweakTown :)

Beefy
01-24-2002, 10:43 AM
Tweaktown? I heard they give crap reviews... *notices where he is* oh damn...

< /sarcasm>< /humor>

PK Ripper
01-25-2002, 01:28 AM
Thanks for the info. If I reply next week that means the computer it still alive. If I fail then I dont deserve to be in this formum and buy myself an E- Machine.

Darthtanion
01-25-2002, 02:07 AM
If you can even navigate the web to find our site, then you deserve more than an e-Machine. ACK!:snip:

wuntvor
01-25-2002, 07:13 AM
Thanks for the info. If I reply next week that means the computer it still alive. If I fail then I dont deserve to be in this formum and buy myself an E- Machine.

ack - E-ma&$#&$#*
*covers his virgin ears*

don't say such words ;)

PaPaPuffALot
01-25-2002, 05:24 PM
hello all
first time her
lloks kewl
:snip:

Andy
01-25-2002, 05:31 PM
hey there papapuffalot
welcome to the part of the web i call home :)

Wiggo
01-25-2002, 06:04 PM
Hi there PaPaPuffALot pull up a chair and have a :beer: with us. :thumb:
<center>:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:</center>

JediAgent
01-26-2002, 04:06 AM
ack - E-ma&$#&$#*
*covers his virgin ears*

don't say such words ;)

Whats wrong with an eMachine?
If i didn't have very much money and i didn't know anything about computers (99% of the world) I would buy an eMachine. Did you know at Best Buy if you get any problems with an eMachine, they wont fix it or you - they'll just give you a new one. Thats if you pay $100 for the warranty. AND when they give you the new one, they will move your stuff off the hard drive (which for most of the world is a few documents, AIM, a couple save games, and some songs)
Thats not bad...

... for an eMachine

Edit: I did some research eMachines is going to start incorporating 420D chipsets into their computers. Not bad.

PK Ripper
01-26-2002, 04:34 AM
I was just kidding about the E- Machine. Not that their is anything wrong with them. Besides I can't afford anythig right now.
By the way Welcome PaPaPuffALot , you will love it here. These guys ( gender blind) know their s#!T.

Darthtanion
01-26-2002, 04:38 AM
JediAgent,

The main reason that we all dread the thought of an eMachine is because it is about a crappy a system as you can find anywhere. The power features are non-existent and nearly everything is incorporated onto the motherboard. This inbred combination of very few actual components leaves nearly no room for future upgrading, and throws the concept of overclocking right out the window.

Granted, there are a lot of computer illiterate people out there who could do well with this monstrosity, but they don't reside on this site. We take pride in the fact that we always try to get the most out of our systems, and a large percentage of our readership even build their own systems.

That is the purpose of TweakTown after all... to have a place to go where you can gain knowledge enough to climb out of that deep hole wherein lies the integrated system.

*Steps off soapbox* :)

JediAgent
01-26-2002, 06:24 AM
You have a very valid point Darth.
TT should not be the place for anything from eMachines. My only point, which i see was already understood by this crowd, was to respect eMachines as a company made for lose less computer literate than ourselves. And i do know EXACTLY whats in some eMachines, as i do most of the computer repair in my hall, and some of my fellow students do have one.

The first sentence of post started with "if" and i keep by that statement. Hypothetically, were i not as computer literate and somewhat poor i would see an eMachine with more prospect than i do now, but hypothetically, i could also be a blabbering drunk whose only use for a pc is to play solitaire....

Check my sig - it aint no E.

*wonders where darth got a soapbox*

Darthtanion
01-26-2002, 07:46 AM
*wonders where darth got a soapbox*

You'll find that I occassionally jump onto one of those. I'm one of the community old farts who is pretty set in his ways. :)

JediAgent
01-27-2002, 08:39 AM
You'll find that I occassionally jump onto one of those. I'm one of the community old farts who is pretty set in his ways. :)

Ha ha - you said fart!

*Familiarly sounding like Mr. Connery playing Celebrity Jeopardy...

MySTiCuSS
01-28-2002, 01:42 AM
Ok now i say fart LOL

Albinus
01-28-2002, 06:00 PM
OK - enough of this flatulence talk ;)

ne0z
01-31-2002, 04:34 AM
very well put Dart... I think that is the main reason for TT is too get the most out of a custom box.

God
02-21-2002, 04:56 AM
Emachines kicks ass...I got a 400i3 model in 1998 and that was up from a 486/66. At the time I was very computer literate and my family had no interest in gettting a new computer. When we got that emachine, it was the happiest day of my life. Without it, I would not be talking to you guys today, since it gave me the drive to learn and create with computers, hardware, and most of all tweaking. I love emachines!:bounce2: :kay:
(PS. I had it tweaked so l33t that with 400 cele, 256mb ram, and voodoo3 2000 pci, it was faster than my friends Dell 700 P3, 192mb, geforce 256.) EMACHINES IS GOD!

(although I wouldn't go near one for money now)