Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Time OC

Fellow Tweakers,

As I recently posted, I'm new in the relm of computers. I'm however willing to turn my computer into a "lab-rat" for learning purposes. Instead of wasting your valuable time can someone direct me to any munual on how to over-clock. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I havnt read it yet but its a CPU overclocking guide :thumb:

Comment

Or here on TweakTown :)
      What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Tweaktown? I heard they give crap reviews... *notices where he is* oh damn...

< /sarcasm>< /humor>

Comment

Thanks for the info. If I reply next week that means the computer it still alive. If I fail then I dont deserve to be in this formum and buy myself an E- Machine.

Comment

If you can even navigate the web to find our site, then you deserve more than an e-Machine. ACK!:snip:
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

Originally posted by PK Ripper
              Thanks for the info. If I reply next week that means the computer it still alive. If I fail then I dont deserve to be in this formum and buy myself an E- Machine.
              ack - E-ma&$#&$#*
              *covers his virgin ears*

don't say such words ;)

Comment

hello all
                first time her
                lloks kewl
                :snip:

Comment

hey there papapuffalot
                  welcome to the part of the web i call home :)
                  TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Hi there PaPaPuffALot pull up a chair and have a with us. :thumb:
                    <center> </center>

Comment

Originally posted by wuntvor

ack - E-ma&$#&$#*
                      *covers his virgin ears*

don't say such words ;)
                      Whats wrong with an eMachine?
                      If i didn't have very much money and i didn't know anything about computers (99% of the world) I would buy an eMachine. Did you know at Best Buy if you get any problems with an eMachine, they wont fix it or you - they'll just give you a new one. Thats if you pay $100 for the warranty. AND when they give you the new one, they will move your stuff off the hard drive (which for most of the world is a few documents, AIM, a couple save games, and some songs)
                      Thats not bad...

... for an eMachine

Edit: I did some research eMachines is going to start incorporating 420D chipsets into their computers. Not bad.

Comment

I was just kidding about the E- Machine. Not that their is anything wrong with them. Besides I can't afford anythig right now.
                        By the way Welcome PaPaPuffALot , you will love it here. These guys ( gender blind) know their s#!T.

Comment

JediAgent,

The main reason that we all dread the thought of an eMachine is because it is about a crappy a system as you can find anywhere. The power features are non-existent and nearly everything is incorporated onto the motherboard. This inbred combination of very few actual components leaves nearly no room for future upgrading, and throws the concept of overclocking right out the window.

Granted, there are a lot of computer illiterate people out there who could do well with this monstrosity, but they don't reside on this site. We take pride in the fact that we always try to get the most out of our systems, and a large percentage of our readership even build their own systems.

That is the purpose of TweakTown after all... to have a place to go where you can gain knowledge enough to climb out of that deep hole wherein lies the integrated system.

*Steps off soapbox* :)
                          My Toys

Comment

You have a very valid point Darth.
                            TT should not be the place for anything from eMachines. My only point, which i see was already understood by this crowd, was to respect eMachines as a company made for lose less computer literate than ourselves. And i do know EXACTLY whats in some eMachines, as i do most of the computer repair in my hall, and some of my fellow students do have one.

The first sentence of post started with "if" and i keep by that statement. Hypothetically, were i not as computer literate and somewhat poor i would see an eMachine with more prospect than i do now, but hypothetically, i could also be a blabbering drunk whose only use for a pc is to play solitaire....

Check my sig - it aint no E.

*wonders where darth got a soapbox*

Comment

Originally posted by JediAgent
                              *wonders where darth got a soapbox*

You'll find that I occassionally jump onto one of those. I'm one of the community old farts who is pretty set in his ways. :)
                              My Toys

Comment

Working...
                              X