uh oh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uh oh!

i finally got a computer running with an Asus P4B533 mobo, P4 2.26GHz processor, GeForce 4 Ti4600. well, when i booted it up for the first time, it went into bios saying you have installed a new processor, please select what speed it is, or something along those lines, not really sure.....so i set the speed in bios to what the factory default was and saved and exited my bios. thats when i noticed there was something wrong....after leaving bios, the system just hung, it did nothing at all. so i restarted the computer and it booted up into bios agian and said you have selected an incorrect speed for this processor, or something like that also....so i lowered my FSB to see if that would fix anything, but it didnt, so now im sitting here with my new system thinking i've somehow fried my processor...someone pls help!

Check ya memory settings as this is likely where ya problem is to be. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Ok dont worry about the bios telling you that you have the wrong setting, even my Asus board will do that if i reset ( or shut off) the computer when its either just starting up or its somewhere in the 1st loading screen that you get when u start up your pc. if you cant get it to boot up properly what i would do is make sure noting is out of place and plugged in properly into the mobo, this is so that you make sure you have good connections every where. Also make sure you have at least 350+w psu since you didnt give any other details. If this all fails i would try pluggin it all together with the least amount of stuff on it and then try to turn it on and see what happens. you may have gotten a faulty or dead component and it will be preatty had to know what it exacly is.... hope this helps and good luck

Comment

I'm having the same problem with my A7N8X. I will not go anywhere. It wants to boot, but it just goes through the post screen over and over. Any ideas?

It seems this also has RAIN on it. More on that later.

Thanks,
        Al

Comment

Have ya cleared the CMOS? :?:

Comment

No. I think you mean, to remove the battery and move the jumper to clear (basically reset) the cmos correct?

Comment

Well Windows will start to install, but I had to format the disk. I'll see what happens, and if that will do the trick.

Comment

I'm glad to hear that and yes you will have to format and reinstall windows as it thinks that it was talkin' to another mobo and just don't work with the new hardware setup. :)
                <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Then that might explain the whole problem. I'll let you know. soon.

Comment

It appears that all is well. Now the only thing I have to do besides reinstalling everything is figure out how to disable the RAID. It's a jumper somewhere but I can't find it in the book.
                    Thanks for all of the help!!
                    Al

Comment

I'm glad to hear that. :thumb:

Sorry but I can't help ya with that RAID as mine are done thru the BIOS. : peace2:

Comment

I posted in another forum here so maybe someone will help.

Thanks again for the help.

Al

Comment

Working...
                        X