Nero DVD Burning speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nero DVD Burning speed

I just got a new Pioneer A05 DVD-R and am attempting to use Nero 5.5.9.14 to burn DVDs I've authored. Whenever I start a burn, the only speed Nero says I can record at is 1x. This is very frustrating - I did't get a new burner to burn at 1x!

Would the new version of Nero help? There are also MPEG addon programs for Nero - would I need one of those to get it to burn faster? It sucks that I would need to pay more to get faster burns.

TIA

- Rama

What media are you burning with?
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

started with Pioneer DVD-R (recorded at 1x), next tried DVD-ON (recorded at 1x); I have Ritek, Sony, Supermedia and one other I can't remember standing by.

Using the same DVD-ON media, I tried using RecordNow Max, which burned nice and speedy (2x), but could not be played in my home (JVC) player (essential for my purposes).

Comment

This site may provide some insight for ya, http://www.doom9.org/ ;)
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I like this one as well:

Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
          Managing Director
          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

The media you use plays the most important role when burning any kind of cd. There are various things you can try, one is updating Nero or emailing nero support detailing your problem. Your particular recording device may not be fully supported or may need additional drivers etc to get it to work fully with nero. The makers of nero (Ahead Software) will be the ones that will know.

Firmware update. Pioneer have released a bunch of firmware updates for their drives over the past months. Might be wise to grab yourself the latest firmware. Firmwares are typically released to fix bugs or problems with a drive, and more often than not- support more brands of media as the market expands.

ASPI drivers. You can get the latest ASPI layer from adaptec. 4.70 is the latest release, and unlike older releases, you dont have to get an aspi 'forcer' to install them any more.

Comment

Working...
            X