HP 9500 CDRW gives me problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP 9500 CDRW gives me problems

ok to start off i recently got a Hp 9500 12x8x32x burner from a friend cause he got a new one. I thought it would be great to upgrade my HP 9100 8x4x32x. SO in windows 98se i uninstalled all the burning software, took it out of the registry, and then removed the drive from hadware devices. Then i booted up with the new drive installed nothing was detected and i was taken into windows... i thought wierd, so i installed the software that came with it, When it asked to reboot i said yes and the PC shut off (wierd), so i started up into windows and i get some error "while initilising device ISO Error: Real mode system momory allocation failed" so im sitting there saying o F&*#, so i booted up into safe mode and renamed 2 files rmm.pdr as well as smartdrv.exe, then PC started to work again, i tried reinstalling the 9500 drivers but it keeps shutting down each time so i just left them alone and installed easly CD platinum and nero 5.5. They work ok and i even burned 2 cds with the new drive. the thing that is bugging me is that sometimes i get random errors at starup and they are different each time, sometimes i even get none.... any way is there any way to fix thouse??? also i noticed that my -5V on my PSU seems to be a bit out of place under heavy load at about -5.5 so i get the Asus Probe going all nuts on me, so my other question with what should i replace my 300w PSU(dont know name it came with my server case) specs below

Asus P3V4X
    Intel 1005mhz Cpu
    Kingston 512mb ram
    16x Pioneer DVD
    9500+ HP CDRW
    WD 100GB HDD
    WD 40GB HDD
    Visiontek GF4 4400Ti
    Lynksys 100Tx network
    SB Live 5.1
    also the psu status under some load
    12=12.342V