GF4 Color Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GF4 Color Issues

Hi guys!!! You always seem to help me with my PC issues so here goes.

My aunt got a Gateway today and it came with a Geforce 4 mx 440 card with 128 MB of RAM.. (Yes that's right 128 MB version of the 440 made specially for Gateway).. Anyways I decided to try and put the card in my system which being someone that constantly swaps hardware seems to be no big deal. Well I have the card in and it works but there is a nasty yellowish green tint on my screen. I have downloaded both the gateway version of the driver and the Nvidia version and neither make the problem any better. I have adjusted just about every gamma, tint, and ect setting I even know is availible on my system and on my monitor. I am sure it's not the monitor since it worked fine before I put this card into my system. I really I have no clue as to what the problem is. Could this be a propriatary card??? It is driving me nuts. The card functions perfectly with the exception of the horrid tint on my screen which makes it hard to look at... Any reccommendations, ect would be very very very apprietiated... It's 3 my time so I've been trying to fix it for 2 or 3 hours now!!! Thank you guys!!

Ryan:shoot3: :shoot3:

hmm i would check the cable/ Vga connections, also check if all thouse pins in the VGA cable are there, also is the tint on the whole screen or just parts??

Comment

The tint is on the entire screen. After I posted last night I decieded to hook the card up in my other PC to see if it had the same problem. I was surprised to see that it didn't. I think my problem might have somthing to do with the fact that I had a lot of tweaks applied for my old GF2 GTS card that was installed before. I guess once I get off work tonight I will try and remove some of the tweaks and see if that takes care of everything. I know all of my connections are OK so it has to be some weird setting or somthing. It's driving me nuts though not knowing how to fix the problem. It's really sad. Last night when I went to bed I could not sleep cause this damn thing. Pretty sad huh??? LOL...

Comment

Wiggo??? You seem to be an ultimatley wise individual.... Have you any ideas???

Comment

My advice would be to put the card back where it belongs as I've seen too many compatiblity probs with parts made specially for name brand computers plus the mobo probably has special support for the card built into it as well. ;)
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Ok. Thanks Wiggo. Now it gets even stranger though. The card is only incompatible with my 19 inch Sylvania monitor. When I hook up my other monitor the color looks great. To see if the monitor was broken I put another video card into my machine and plugged my monitor back in and the color was fine. To further check the problem I tossed the card into my other computer and tryed both monitors and got the same results. It seems that my year old sylvania monitor is incompatible and my 4 or 5 year POS monitor is compatible. This doesnt make any since...

Have you guys ever heard of monitors being incompatible with a video card. I know its not the refresh rate or anything like that. I am completely stumped.. This one really bugs me because usually it is my fault that somthing in the system does not work but this time I don't think it is my falt....????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Comment

Working...
            X