administrative issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• administrative issues

i need to "administrate" my pc a litle better.
    eg. not allow the family account to access/see certain folders/programs such as control pannel and other such tools
    only allow guests to view the net and restricted proggies such as a few games

any1 know how to do this/ a freeware program to do it on?

BTW: this is all on 1 pc, and it is not on a network
    TT Original

i think your trying to hide pr0n ;)

have you tried x-setup?

www.xteq.com i think
    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

thanks

i'll check it out
      TT Original

Comment

I can't imagine what that would be like, a PC that would keep my missus ( as good as the intentions are) and my 3 billies from d/l **** and stuffing up PSP, not to mentions heaps of other things.

My Lot ( 4 girls -8 - 10 - 14 - and the last would have to lie-) click on everything hahahahahah.

Comment

i know ur exact solution....it contains four letters...NTFS :)...u can set it up so only certain accounts can view the folder...so give them the guest account, put a password on ur account & give access to certain folders to ONLY say the Olie account...:) thats if ur not dual booting with 9x coz ull have to convert ur partition with all ur data and stuff coz 9x won't even see the partition...:)
          At the request of wiggo ;)

Comment

and pls explain how to do this
            TT Original

Comment

well, if you are running the NTFS file system, you get to set the security for basically everything on there.. files, folders, etc...

Dunno what operating system you are using, but 2000/XP are the only two decent OS's that support NTFS. Also, in there somewhere, is the ability to hide all the options you don't want people seeing, like control panel, display settings etc..

Comment

found this over at the ocau forums:
                http://forums.overclockers.com.au/sh...threadid=25006
                TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

BEEFY WHAT FORUM ARE WE IN??? :rolleyes:
                  TT Original

Comment

you want help, i deliver it :) :p

i went over there while these forums were really quiet
                    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Originally posted by Olie
                      BEEFY WHAT FORUM ARE WE IN??? :rolleyes:
                      The TT one? :D

Hey, I forgot.... gimme a break..

Comment

Start>Run>gpedit.msc If you use WinXP Pro then go there and explore, you'll find many options to hide things such as control panel and the like, as for folders, set permissions as admin, first open control panel and open folder options, then click the view tab and scroll to the bottom and uncheck the simple view, this way when you open the properties on a folder or drive you will get a more advanced menu, which will make assigning access simpler and more complete.

Comment

Working...
                        X