Wilmot Brother Case Modding - Part1: LED Changing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilmot Brother Case Modding - Part1: LED Changing

Today Dodgey Phil (my big brother for those who don't know) and myself set out to do some case modding, first of many projects I hope. We went for a drive down to Dick Smiths in the afternoon after my cold improved and got a whole bunch of different things including; Blue LEDS, Soldering Iron, Multimeter, shrink wrap, various cables, cable tires and all that kind of good stuff for case modding, as well as a slab of Crown Larger of course, Phil needed a nerve settler for the soldering iron and well as Wiggo would agree, I needed a beer!

In part 1 of our very very informal case modding eposide here in the forums we changed our regular LEDs at the front of the case from Red and Green to very bright BLUE, they look very cool indeed. We also did some tidying of the cables within the case and generally cleaned both our cases up to brand new condition, oh yeah and Phil fixed a fan.

As you may tell I've had quite a few beers already and more await tonight. I took a short video of our first project and have uploaded it here for everyone to have a look:

Yeah, well Mr Tweak thinks he knows alot. He can open beers really well, which comes in handy in sweltering heat here in Melbourne.

Really, there is nothing that cant be achieved in case modding with a big drill and a sledge hammer. Hint: Cold Beer = Imagination and bigger the drill the better

Comment

Hey good work and I hope ya's enjoyed the so is the front headphone the next mod? :thumb:
      <center> </center>

Comment

haha, i love the title :)
        TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
          haha, i love the title :)
          We have the Leyland Brothers theme going, except we are just travelling around our flat... :D

Comment

love the "camera angles"
            TT Original

Comment

Originally posted by Olie
              love the "camera angles"
              Erm yes... I think. It was after a few beers, I have some pics too which I'm about to post.

Comment

Phil's Case:

Comment

Inside my case:

Comment

Next up will be replacing the standard IDE and floppy cables with cool clear silver rounded cables from PC Case Gear (www.pccasegear.com)

Comment

Your case looks awesome!

Comment

:D Thanks.........

Comment

Originally posted by MySTiCuSS
                          Your case looks awesome!
                          I second that!
                          It has the quality I admire most in a case -- room for more toys:thumb:
                          The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. C

I second that!
                            It has the quality I admire most in a case -- room for more toys:thumb:
                            Exactly, and lots of room to install stuff!

Comment

lol

my case is full with only
                              tnt2m64 :(
                              NIC
                              SB16
                              1 rear case fan
                              TT Original

Comment

Working...
                              X