Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detonator 41.80+ Quake 3 engine driver issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detonator 41.80+ Quake 3 engine driver issues?

I have just recently got the detonator driver 42.01, and everything worked fine till I blew the dust off of my Q3 game, and played it. It just went slow as hell, so I thought it maybe OpenGL that's playing up, so I tried OpenGL on UT2003, but it worked fine, so I tried another game that uses the Q3 engine, which was Return to Castle Wolfenstien, and it went slow yet again.

I rolled back a driver to 41.80, and the same thing happened again - I don't have any other drivers on my computer, so I can't test any 41.80- drivers, and I don't want to wait for 2 hours just to download one (I don't really care that much about any games with the Q3 engine yet, because I'm playing UT2003 constantly, so it's not a high priority).

The only other thing I can think of, is it actually being my Sound Blaster Audigy card slowing it down, I have the latest drivers for it. (12/08/2002 Version 5.12.1.253)

Also I have a MSI GeForce 4 MX440SE 8xAGP just incase it that peice of info that might be needed.

ThanX for any replies. :)

If you rolled back the detonators with XP's rollback feature, it probably didn't work! Try uninstalling them with Detonator Destroyer or something similar and doing a fresh install of your earlier ones.

Comment

No, I never use the roll-back feature on XP, unless I don't have the actual driver before it, and it will always over-write all of the drivers, unless if it was 30.xx, something like that, the newer versions don't do that anymore.

Comment

I'm using the sames drivers and play Soldier of Fortune 2 alot (q3 engine), it works great. The only difference in the new Det driver is more languages and Direct X 9.0 support. The games have worked fine for me under both Direct X versions.

Comment

I have recently re-installed everything, and now it all seems to work fine, weird...

I guess it could of been some left over DirectX9 Beta 3 files that it didn't like?

Comment

Working...
          X