• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with mates system

AMD Athlon XP 1800+
    Epox 8kha+
    DDR Ram
    gf3 ti200 herc

All put together system powers on gets FF on the bios chip which means clean boot from memory however nothing is posted on screen.

AMD Cpu has been checked for cracks etc and it powers on everything fine but nothing is posted on screen.

cant get into bios to set fsb or multiplyer

cant think of anything tried two diffent monitors and 3 diff video cards with no result :/

HELP

Thanks

i think this belongs here ;)
    TT Original

Comment

Have you cleared the BIOS? :?:

Comment

yup

Comment

with the EP-8KHA+ - you should get several different debug codes during boot - ending up with FF when the system is running

If you get FF immediately on power up - you've got problems.

I had to research this ~ 6mos. ago because it happened to me.....mine turned out to be a bad bios chip & was replacd by my dealer.

Appearantly not having your CPU or RAM seated correctly will cause the same symptoms, so check that first ( if you haven't already)

One problem withe EP-8KHA series is that the bios chips tend to be a little flaky - more so with the original model than with the "+"

Comment

Yeah, it would be a good idea to make sure your RAM is seated correctly. I've read a few articles where that was a problem with the first bootup of an 8KHA+.

Either that or you're pretty much screwed. Still got that receipt?

Raven
            Chris "Raven"
            News Crew - TweakTown
            <!--
            <font size=1>
            <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
            - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
            - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
            - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
            </font>
            // -->
            "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

yup yup

Comment

Working...
              X