Could I have apower problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could I have apower problem?

I have been having trouble with my screen lately. Its a Samtron 76E. I use the resolution 1024*768 at 85hz. The problem is that the corners of my screen are shaking sometimes. I have tried my screen on my friends computer and it was ok, then I tried his graphics card in my machine and there was still the same problem.
    I also cant go to a higher resolution becasue of intense shaking of the picture.

My system is:

AMD 1700+ CPU
    SOYO K7V Dragon+ Mobo
    256MB PC2100 DDR Ram
    64MB Radeon 8500
    40GB Seagate HB@7500rpm
    300watt PSU
    17" Samtron 76E screen
    Windows XP Pro + SP1

Does anyone know what the problem could be? I was wondering if it could be the power in my appartment. I have a wall socket with 3 plugs there ant they are all being used. On for the screen, one for the computer and one for my computer speakers. Could it be that there is an uneven power supply comming from the wall socket that affects the screen? Maybe its a bit of a long shot but I am fresh out of ideas.

I would appreciate any help!

I dont see the Problem whit POWER !! Do you have speakers next to your MONITOR ??? Because Speakers have Magnet:laugh:

??????:devil:

Comment

If ya have speakers near it then remove then and see if that fixes it. ;)
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

The speakers I have are about 30-40cm away from the screen and if I do take them away there is still a problem.

Any other ideas?

Comment

Does ya monitor natively support 85Hz at that resolution? :?:

Comment

yeah it does, it supports up to 1240*1024 at 60hz, so that shouldnt be a problem. The thing thats strange is that it isnt all the time, just sometimes. Like at the moment there isnt a problem but then in a while there could be. Ive had the computer for like 9 months and this problem hs been since we moved into out appartment like 4 months ago.....strange

Comment

Ok then other than it's own power cable are there any others running around or near it (this includes in the wall cavity if a wall is behind it)? :?:

I'm just thinkin' of possible external interference atm. ;)

Comment

well, I just have the power leads for the comuter, screen, speakers and a printer one that isnt always plugged in. All theother usual pc cables are there as well like speaker cable, vga cable etc. As for cables behind our walls I arent sure, I know that there is another appartment behind one of the walls (the computer is in the corner.

Comment

Ok then can ya borrow another monitor and fit it up exactly like your's and see if the prob is still there then? :?:

Comment

The firm I worked bought few 19" Samtron 96P's becouse of the good reviews they had received.

After few weeks some of them started to have 'shaking' in the picture.

The vendor who sold them didn't even try to solve the problem and replaced the monitors right away.

Other than that the Samtrons have worked fine.

Andy

Edit: One more thing, since the firm had both Samsungs and Samtrons the only real difference I found was that Samtrons were a lot less protected for electrical interference. In one room seemed that luminescent lamp made the picture worse for Samtrons but not Samsungs ..

Comment

WEll I just sent an email to Samtron, Hopefully they will answer my question this time. I had tried them before but got no answer....

Unfortunately I cant get another monitor to test here in my house so hopefully Samtron will get back to me asap and help me out too.

Thanks for your help and if you got any other ideas just post somehelp becasue this really is annoying!

Comment

I have the same problem from time to time, but i have a Viewsonic E70. The problem still occurs when i change monitors, vid cards, ext... I found out that it was do to power lines in the wall. The closer my monitor gets to the outlet the worse it gets. The farther away, the better... the outlet is right in the center of my desk and my desk is heavy so for now i just live with it until the day comes that i'm not feeling quite so lazy. There was also a snippet in Viewsonic's FAQ that help me determine this.

Comment

I tried moving the computer a bit away from the wall and the problem did seem to get a better, but not completely.

Comment

you could try moving it to a different part of the room if the room will alow it

Comment

Thats was what I actually tried before, not completely fixed but a bit better anyway. My appartment building is quite old and I dont know when they last fixed the wiring, maybe thats really old or something. I guess I will just have to live with the problem. Atlest the computer seems to be working fine otherwise :)

Comment

Working...
                              X