how do i know if i have the latest driver for a Geforce4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i know if i have the latest driver for a Geforce4

I'm kinda new to all nVidia's cards so im not really sure if i have the latest drivers. I own a Geforce4 Ti 4200 128, driver version 4.1.0.9
    but i keep hearing about these detonator drivers and what not and i have no idea what those are really.
    thanks in advance
    Drift

Driver 41.09 is the newest Nvida driver officially released. So far as I know any newer driver version that you find will prolly be a "beta" or "leaked" verson. I have used several of these "unofficial" versions for my Nvidia cards and have had no serious problems but that doesn't preclude anyone else from having problems. If you want to stay on the safe side check with Nvidia's website from time to time and see what drivers they are offering officially. If you want to walk the wild side go ahead and test the others from Guru3d.com or other such sites. Some drivers will appearently work better than others depending upon your system configuration. Another place to check for drivers is directly from the maker of your video card as sometimes they have a slightly altered driver that supposedly takes advantage of their particular card.

It has been my experience that you will prolly see little difference from one driver to the other. I usually use "3d mark 2001se" to test differences. The word "detonator" is just Nvidia's catch phrase for their drivers.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Always checkout www.guru3d.com for the lastest video drivers plus just about any other version released. ;)
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

The latest Detonator Driver is 42.01 (BETA)

Comment

Thanks folks, that helped alot.

Drift

Comment

Working...
          X