Proposal for Graphics Card Driver Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposal for Graphics Card Driver Forum

I have been thinking, who here thinks we should rename this the Graphics Card Driver Forum to the General Driver Forum?

This way everyone can talk about new driver releases, post benchmarks, problems and so forth and not just ones which relate to graphics cards.

PLEASE VOTE NOW!
    Yes!
    100.00%
    No!
    0.00%
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

More voting and comments required please people! :)
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

I voted yes...

Actually to tell you the truth I think its a good idea really. I mean think about all the different devices that people have problems with "I can't get my modem working" "my sound card crackles when I open this game" "I can't get my raid card installed".

I mean I remember back in the day of win9x....installing winmodems. OMG those things were a pain!! sometimes it was like you just wanted to throw the PC across the room. And then sometimes they just went right in and WALA so to speak. And to tell you the trth there are still plenty of people on 9x with modems out there that might be having trouble.

Comment

I voted no ...i means whats the point you sound card crackles when you open a game...you ask in the Audio section...just like i did...you can't get your raid to work properly...well guess where ask that...in HDD, RAID and SATA section..i mean the front page of these forums covers it all...

I voted no cuaz i don't see the point but honest either or doesn't matter to me.

I can see too many threads of way too many different topics in one section...i see it all as being a mess.
        - Damien

Comment

I agree with Flaco :wave:
          Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

I had to give it a "no" for the simple reason that hardware and drivers are so intertwined that they are in essence the same thing. I think trying to distinguish between the 2 just becomes too confusing for purposes of posting questions.

I do however have a sugestion for a topic area for you to chew on.

Malware

maybe that's not a good idea either, but give it a once-over and see what you think Mr. Tweak. It is a big topic at times and it would seperate such things from cluttering the "applications" and "Windows" threads.
            In the past I have seen a lot of such discussion actually taking place in the "Beer Garden" --- it seems to me it should have a more priority place to go than that. But for virii alerts and such, it fits there better than any of the currently available topic areas.

OMFG - I just disagreed with Mr. Tweak, I may be getting a bit too big for my britches:eek:
            The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. C
              OMFG - I just disagreed with Mr. Tweak, I may be getting a bit too big for my britches:eek:

lol :laugh:

Comment

Leave the Graphics Card Driver Forum as it is, and have a General Driver Forum too.

Comment

Originally posted by weta
                  Leave the Graphics Card Driver Forum as it is, and have a General Driver Forum too.
                  Now there's an idea - what does everyone think about this?
                  Managing Director
                  Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak
                    Now there's an idea - what does everyone think about this?

That is probably a good idea. It is hard at times to focus only on one driver, incompatibilities and slowdowns elsewhere effect performance as well. Of course graphics drivers change waaaaaaay more often that other drivers. :)

But consider this.... With an AMD often one forgets to upgrade the AGP driver for your motherboard which drastically detracts from performance.... one can scream and yell about graphics driver performance and oops, it turns out to be an old AGP (or no AGP) driver for windows.... : so sometimes it is hard to distinguish them enough to seperate them....

I am new here... so I will just go with the flow....

Comment

General Driver Forum is up, sorry about the rather long delay... :)
                      Managing Director
                      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

how do you vote ?

Comment

upper left.........I voted yes and think that we should also have just a general discussion area where we can talk about anything

Comment

well not nuts about intel but amd must have a way that you do not need so much noise to run there proccessors

Comment

Originally posted by 0R1()N
                              upper left.........I voted yes and think that we should also have just a general discussion area where we can talk about anything
                              That is what the Beer Graden is for...:blah:
                              - Damien

Comment

Working...
                              X