ASUS A7N8X Temps Accurate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS A7N8X Temps Accurate?

I was just wondering if anyone here knows how accurate the temp sensors on the ASUS A7N8X are. I'm getting 38 C idle and 42 C max on the cpu...which is just fine with me. I'm planning on getting some thermal probes at some point, but until then I am curious about the on-board sensors. BTW, what peaked my intrest was that these temps seem to be about 14 C cooler than my previous mobo was giving me...but a lot has been changed since then.

oh and another thought, what must one do to not be considered an newbie here?

Comment

I knew that I answer this one very recently so I'll just copy and paste my reply there. :D
      Ahhh... I see the light now.... hallulla :D

Sorry but Asus are known for their very wacky hardware monitoring so I would take those readin's and toss them. :(

The only way that you can accurately measure your temps is with a hardware temp probe like a CompuNurse (there are other models) to something as extravigent as the DigiDoc5 (I have the 8 sensor/monitor model in Thunder, see sig). :)
      Does that help any? :?:
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

thanks, but not really, i've always known that asus temps can be pretty screwed as well as most mobos in general, but I was wondering about this specific model...since i'm looking to get a temp prode anyway, is there any brands i should avoid

Comment

The two above I've both used, well two versions of the CompuNurse (The above linked one and this one), and both are very accurate though they use watch batteries to power them but you can also see how fast ya PC cools down after ya switch it off whereas the DigitalDoc is powered off the power supply as it also powers fans on and off. No matter whether ya pick the cheapest or the exclusive model ya'll go wrong with neither choice.

Comment

thanks, i appreciate it..i guess i'll have to wait till i get the termal probes to see how accurate my mobo is and if my cpu is staying as cool as it says it is

Comment

That's the only way I know how ya can without buyin' something more expensive. ;)

Comment

I dunno about you.. but while my ASUS PC Probe reads at about 35C, the BIOS says its somewhere around 47-48C.

Now.. my question is.. how are they different if they are both reading from the same source?

Comment

asus probe and the bios have always given me the same reading...try reinstalling asus probe

Comment

Loose the "anal probe"

and download motherboard monitor instead, best app there is for this purpose. There is notin' you cannot do with this outstanding little app i ensure you... ;)

:cheers:

Comment

Working...
                    X