Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• friggin' sound cards are all cr*p

ok it's probably all my fault but i can't see why:
    i've gone through 3 sound cards, a maxisound fortissimo by hercules, a sound blaster something and my ac97 sound chip on my msi: all dead
    well nearly dead, they half work i can here sound on the left but not on the right. my speakers and headphones work perfectly well, but the rest croaks after 3 months. can it be because i change them often (ie plug the headphones then speakers then the headphones etc) so that the connection gets buggered?
    OR my pc is a foul dark place infested by demonic legions :flames:?
    in which case i must perform the purification ritual: burn the pc burn it down purify clean burn burn BURN
    well anyway i hope somebody knows what's going on in there
    thanks
    jono

If your constantly plugging them in and out it can cuase wear and tear on the connectors like you said.... does it make a crackling sound or the right channel come to life for a period of time when you twist it?

Comment

actually yes
      if i put it half in it works but half as loud (judging it quickly) and it's very unstable. but as for wearing the connection down that bad... :confused: i mean i'm not being violent with it and since it's all the way behind the pc i don't do it that often, once a day max

Comment

I wonder if ya speaker/headphone jack is a little oversized and causin' the little pressure contacts inside the sockets to be pushed back too far and thus after a while they loose their spring and contact. :?:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
        X