FX bottleneck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FX bottleneck?

Tests have shown that even a supercard like the 9700 is actually a bottleneck against the cpu at high resolutions when working together with the extreme 3.06 Ghz P4 cpu.

Could this occour with the new GfFX to... :?:

What do you guys think about this?

:cheers:

what...can't overclock your Radeon?? does the 9700 bottleneck at the chipset? or is it more bandwidth? Either way, if nothing can be done about processing speed (at the GPU), I say get the best of the best (or what u can afford) and wait for better. You'll never catch me complaining that a 3.06GHz P4 and a Radeon 9700 are too slow....

Comment

Yep AlienBlood I'm with you I wouldnt mind that combo in my boxen :laugh:
      Radeon cards tend to out perform Nvidia at higher res with the "glitter" turned on so I don't know about this being a bottleneck on the 9700 But I think we have to wait for the FX to get into the hands of more reviewers before finding the truth.
      You would want to hope not if you are going to fork out a grand for a CPU and another grand for a GFX card :)

Comment

nah...3.06GHz P4 is going for just over $600 US. that's pocket change to some of these FREAKS. I just heard about the FX card this morning, so I haven't had a chance to really look at it. I know for a fact I can't afford it though.

Comment

Originally posted by AlienBlood
          nah...3.06GHz P4 is going for just over 0 US. that's pocket change to some of these FREAKS. I just heard about the FX card this morning, so I haven't had a chance to really look at it. I know for a fact I can't afford it though.
          for $600 US you could buy a house and a car here in Australia :D.
          I admit I spent a bit to much on my rig and I'm happy with it.
          but I worked for it so I guess it equals out in the end.

Comment

WOOHOO!!! I know where I'm moving....gonna buy a house and a car, as soon as I save up some money. LOL. I decided to go as cheap as possible on this rig...built the whole thing for under two weeks' pay. I'm pretty satisfied...it gets the job done very well, as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Working...
            X