can any1 plz tell me how to get realbot or podbot to work??thanx
    :flames:

Counter Strike? What's that? :)
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

go to www.fileshack.com
      click on action-first person shooter-half life-mods at the bottom of the screen
      scroll down until u find POD bot
      download
      install to where ever your half life executable is

Comment

after installing the bots create a lan game with a map that you have waypoints for, such as the maps that come with counter stike, like de_dust.

Comment

i instaled it to counter-strike directory(mine is not a mod 4 half-life).then i opened CS went to play cs,lan,create and then the game started.i pressed all the buttons but the botmenu wont come up!!!!!!!!:cry: ps:how do get ur cs to get good graphics??
          Thanx

Comment

I have counter strike retail also but i got pissed off at it a long time ago because it didnt work well with windows xp. I downloaded the mod for half life instead and it works just as good as retail. The only thing you dont get is training mode. I reccommend you download the mod instead of retail because I think it works better than retail.

Since the half life engine is about four years old, it will be impossible to have good graphics like in UT 2003. You can impove the graphics a little by doing the following:

1. Go to the options menu and click on video
            2. Click on Video ????? (i cant remember the exact title of the menu, it is the on that says Software Mode, OpenGL mode, and Direct 3D mode.
            3. I reccommend running the game in OpenGL mode. Softwares graphics suck and Direct3D gives me a ton of troubles. You can increase the graphics by increasing the resolution of the game. OpenGL does have its problems (at least for me).

Hope that helped...

Comment

thanx fatalgamar14 the graphics worked!!!!!!!!:D it is good noww.
              now u just have to help me wif the podbot

Comment

now some of the stages start flashing blue........and have u found a solution for realbot or podbot??
                peace out: peace2:

Comment

I use PodBot commonly for CS games, it's easy to install and easy to use, the reason why I don't see why you can't get it working...

First of all, you must check what version of CS you have, it's probably best to get the latest, which is v1.5 at the moment (You can't get v1.6 yet, but it's going to be released pretty soon) download the latest PodBot aswell, v2.5 at:

http://www.trusted-network.de/podbot/

This should work with earlier versions of CS anyway, not all you have to do is install it to the CS folder, which would be ..SIERRA/Half-Life/cstrike if it's the MOD version, but if it's the retail version ..SIERRA/Counter-Strike.

Once you have done that, you have to goto the Start menu, and open PodBot, then create a game.

It should add 8 bots automatically, if it doesn't, all you have to do is press 'v' to open up the PodBot menu, if v doesn't work, you can always change the key to something else, by editing the last line of the file 'PodBot.cfg'.

bind "v" "podbotmenu"

You obviously change the v to whatever key you want, if you have any further questions, or problems, I suggest you check this forum out:

http://forums.nuclearbox.com/board.php?boardid=15

I wish you the best of luck! :thumb: And happy gamin'!

Comment

how do u update ur cs?i dont no where to install it.mine is retail.and how do u open 1.5.and the podbot wont work.:mad:

Comment

Well, try visiting:

http://www.counter-strike.net

And download the update "CS Retail Upgrade", THEN put on PodBot v2.5, if you have an earlier version of CS (Lower than v1.4) then I would suggest that you un-install your retail version of CS, and download the Mod version "Full CS Mod File" and install that, along with PodBot v2.5.

If you can't get it working then, try posting a thread at:

http://forums.nuclearbox.com

They probably know how to solve your problem, even though I seem to think that my answer is going to be the same as theirs.

Comment

i got it working:D by the way is 8 the max bots!!!!!

Comment

Nope
                          when you cerate a game set the max players higher
                          And then hit = and add more bots :)

cheers nutty

Comment

i got podbot and 8 is the max bots and how do u change the map

Comment

The good thing about podbot is the ability to change the bots names. I change them to people I know on cstrike servers and it's like you are there. You can even edit their messages so they same things, making it even more realistic. You know, stuff like...

questioning the other players sexual preferences
                              questioning the other players parenthood
                              questioning the other players skill

It's a pity you can't add vocal messages. You could add some idiot saying "negative" all the time or singing and it would be like you are on an internet server.

HEADSHOT

Comment

Working...
                              X