what to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to buy

with all this talk of geforce 4 i don't know what to do... i had just got my heart set on either investing in a geforce 3 ti200 or an ati all-in-wonder 7500 (btw which is better and which is a better value here).:rolleyes: but then i here that geforce 4 is coming out next month what should i do... should i just hold off and save up my money for a little while longer and buy the g4 or should i just grab one of the others...

pls help me here... and no biases alloud thanks...

The 7500 card has been getting mediocre results, so the Ti200 would be the better card of the two you mentioned.

As to whether to buy now or wait, that it probably just a judgement call on your part. Consider, though, that the new GF4 will more than likely have a hefty entry price.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

But i say better wait for the geforce 4! And then buy a geforce 3! It will be alot cheaper!

Comment

That is what I am waiting for...GF4 come out then GF3 prices drop....

Comment

Yep, id wait for the gf4 to hit the market, then wait for those gf3ti500 prices to drop like a ton of bricks.

As an alternative, you can take a look at the ATi Raedon8500. Its driver support is a little shaky, but hopefully they will get their act together. Hopefully.

Comment

There are many theories about the price drops. A guy who runs a computer store, thinks there may be not much of a pricedrop on GF3s, because the production will halt. He claims that the same thing happened to Geforce 2, when Geforce 3 hit the market. Indeed, the price drops were not that impressive. Anyway, check out anandtech to get a first impression of the features and prices of the 4.

I'd say wait a bit for it to get to the stores and decide then.... If it's not THAT urgent to get a card...

Comment

Yes, you can't buy a card unless you've saved up the $$$ for it :toung:
              What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

:p Yeah, I know. I working on that problem now.:frog:

Comment

GF3's are becomin' very hard to find now as chip shortages for the past 5-6 weeks are begin' to show at some stores. :smokin:
                  <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I'm happy wirh my geforce2 card

Comment

GF3 shortages, what a joke.........

Think of everyone you know who owns a GF3....... They are kinda computer NUTS aren't they?? Nuts enough to buy a GF4... yea thats right, ebay will be flooded with GF3's from now on, for ever.

Comment

Wiggo means new GeForce3's, yields have been down at TSMC's Taiwan plant so there isn't enough GF3's (especially Ti500 chips) to satisfy demand :(
                        What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Wo wants to buy my almost new geforce 2 card? :(

Comment

sorry.. i'm saving for gf4

Comment

I'm trying to sell it! Then i can buy a geforce4!

Comment

Working...
                              X