chieftec case accessory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chieftec case accessory

just got one of those popular chieftec cases and can't figure out what that dark metal ring is. I found a picture of it on the net. Anyone know what that thing is?

thanks!

I honestly don't know as that has never come with any that I've got so far. :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I have an older Antec version of that case, but nothing of that sort came with mine...the test of it looks the same tho

Comment

We get several brand names here for that UNEEC chassis of which I get 4 of and so far none have had this piece.

Comment

I got the same thing in my ThermalTake Xaser II case that i just got...i have no idea what is or what it does. I sent an email to thermaltake but haven't gotten a responce yet. IF/when i find out i will post. Pls post if you find out what it is for.

Comment

This is another guy who asked the same question, and is where I got the picture from (I dont' have a digicam to take a picture of my own). That forum didn't answer his question though--the admin pointed him to another thread that was talking about something else.

I wonder why not very many of you guys have it...

Comment

From the photo, it looks like a cap of some description - haven't seen anything like it before either.
              Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
              Managing Director
              Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Ok this has got me as I just pulled 2 cases out of their boxes and pulled that little brown out only to find zip. :(

While inside the case though I notice a large hole in the 5.25" cradle at the bottom rear of it, would that part be a grommet/collar for that as the hole does have a sharp edge but it would route wiring down the unseen side of the 3.5" bays. :?:

Comment

it kinda looks like some of the weak magnets that used to go around the wires that went to the front besel and speaker

Comment

we've stumped wiggo?

Comment

i looked at this review, and the guy mentions under "special features," "Grounding shield for Electro-Magnetic Interference (EMI)"

Is that it or something different I don't know about?

On the second page of the review there's a picture with that ring in it.

Comment

that's what i was refering to...

Comment

oh. maybe that's what it is then.

Comment

This, "Grounding shield for Electro-Magnetic Interference (EMI)", is referrin' to the metal pieces that cover the external bays. ;)

Comment

Here is the responce:

Hi Michael,

That donut thing is used to wrap with LED wires out of front panel. Nothing
                              big purpose really you can leave it along if you like.

Regards,

Steven
                              Support assistance
                              Thermaltake (USA), Inc.
                              626-968-9189

Comment

Working...
                              X