Htt Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Htt Q

Okay, I just found something interesting... Wrote a little program to pass some time the other night, revisiting my knowledge of CPUID instructions w/ some help of the intel p4 technical documentation... Anyway, long story short, I got confliting results for the presence of HTT, when I did a feature flags list it showed HTT as 1 (Yes) but, when I looked into it more closely, found it HTT is disabled. Now, I thought maybe something was ****ed up with my code (as i'm only running a 2.53 not a 3.06), so i downloaded PC Wizard eXPerience Edition from cpuid.com and did some checking with it. It shows Number of physical processors: 1 and Number of Logical Processors: 1 ... but again HTT disabled. Thoguht well maybe it'd show logical proc's: 2 if it did have HTT so I ran in benchmark mode, "Processor Benchmark", and it shows me the graphs of add/mul, division, sqroot, whestone ... anyway in the "Information" table i look and see:

General Information:
    Processor: Intel Pentium 4 - Northwood
    Frequency: 2533.16 MHz
    L2 Cache: 512 Kb
    Front Side Bus Speed: 133 MHz
    Bus Speed: 533 MHz (QDR)
    Processor Technology:
    MMX: Yes
    SSE: Yes
    SSE2: Yes
    Hyper-Threading: Yes

So I just thought well, i've looked over my code for detecting the HTT feature flag set and making sure that I wasn't confusing the **** with some other feature flags (been known to happen once or twice before :)) so ran PC Wizard just to see, and gave me the same type of results so I'm doubting that both programs are in err...

To make a long post a little longer, heh, what I'm just asking basically is, if someone who's running a 3.06ghz p4 would download pc wizard, and see if their info matches up (HTT wise) with mine (of course yours'll say enabled not disabled but still, if the # of physical procs and logical procs are the same... and if the benchmark info is the same) lemme know :) Will find a way to enable HTT on this proc if it's there for sure

nevermind, found another forum where discussion has been heavy for past 2 months on this very subject :)

Comment

Working...
    X