Nero problem with my CD/RW and DVD/+RW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nero problem with my CD/RW and DVD/+RW

Ok I have a CD/RW as my D drive (primary) and it came with Nero 5.0 fro teh burning software. I bought a Buslink DVD+r/+rw afterwards and have than as my e drive (secondary drive). It also came with Nero 5.0 but with extra software to do the DVD burning. I just found out that I cant burn cd's in my D drive because the software doesnt recognice the D drive as a CD-r/rw. DO I have to install teh other nero 5.0 just for that drive? I'd liek to be able to record with that since its faster than teh DVD's cd-r/rw speed.

I think ya main prob is havin' 2 writers on the same channel and I'm not real sure that you'll be able to get both to work together in harmony. : peace2:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I think that Wiggo is possibly right. However I also am running a buslink that came with nero 5.0. I cannot, no matter what I have tried, use this nero 5.0 with any other cdrw. Somehow it is keyed with my cdrw. I wonder if your problem is similar. You can only have one version of Nero 5.0 on your system at a time thus maybe you can delete your original version, then load your dvd/rw version of Nero 5.0. After you get your dvd/rw version up and working, try a copy of roxio or something and see if you can get your cdrw working. I would download a trial Version of Roxio first though. Don't sink money into a long shot. Wiggo is most likely right. He has answered countless of my questions and been right 99% of the time. Give it a try though. Good luck

Comment

How about I install teh old Nero 5.0 on another hard drive? I have 2 with one partitioned into 4 drives. Would that work?

Comment

It may and ya may have to unhook the DVD+r/+rw first though so that the software isn't forced to choose which one. ;)
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
          X