Motherboard and keyboard issues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motherboard and keyboard issues...

Well I'm new here but I love it already.

Well I was building a Celeron 1ghz system for my freinds kids. Everything seemed to go well, it booted up no problem at first anyhow...

The BIOS on the board requries that the user press F1 or enter to continue with the boot after the POST... why this is I do not know, but that is not my real problem here...

My problem is that when i attach my keyboard to the system, it will not work and the lights ong the keyboard continuosly blink.

I've tried 3 other kb. that I know work and yet im having the same problem.

All the parts in the system are new, right out of the box. Is this an issue concerning the keyboard input?

Should I attempt to return the board or does anyone think it may be something else... Please share your thoughts...

David...:laugh: :thumb:

I hope that ya usin' a PS/2 keyboard and that it's not plugged into the mouse port. :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

hahaha ya ya im usin a ps/2 keyboard and it won't work in either the keyboard or the mouse port...

its weird im thinkin that maybe my keyboard port is messed up...

Comment

whats wrong with using usb k/b?

have u tried that? (if the board does have usb)

and why u have to press F1 usually means theres a error..
        are u sure theres no error messages?

Comment

Ya i thought of that but the problem is that the USB ports are not enabled by default... and since my keyboard wont work i cannot get into the bios to enable usb.... :mad:

Comment

Working...
          X