Advice please on upgrading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice please on upgrading

My current sysyem is 2-3 years old now, I have a ABit KT7A-Raid motherboard with an AMD Athlon 1.0Ghz (200FSB) CPU, 512MB PC133 SDRAM and a Geforce 2 MX200 video card.

I definatly want to upgrade my video card and am thinking of getting the Abit Siluro GF4 Ti4200.

I was also thinking of upgrading my CPU, but my mbd specification say highest CPU is 1.33ghz. Does that mean that I cannot get an AMD XP CPU or if I can which is the highest I can get?

If not is it worth getting an Athlon 1.33ghz 266fsb CPU? Would it give a performance boost?

If ya want a performance boost from that CPU then get a DDR motherboard and memory as that will give ya your best boost. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I don't really want to upgrade my motherboard and memory at the moment, so is it not really worth upgrading the CPU then?

Comment

Nope
        Your memory will hold back the XP
        I dont think it would be worth it.
        Keep your money save and then get a motherboard, Ram and CPU later on :)

Cheers nutty

Comment

Yes your memory is already holdin' the one ya have back now and adding a faster CPU will only make it worse. : peace2:
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
          X