Changing CPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing CPUs

When you change from one cpu to another(different size) is all you have to do is reset the cmos?And does that mean just taking off the jumper and the putting back on again......Any ideas or help much appreciated.Thanks.JS

depending on your mobo...removing the jumper for a moment and then replacing it shoud clear the cmos...but it's not really necessary for upgrading a cpu...the bios will recognise the new cpu and lauch the bios setup automatically so you can make any necessary adjustments

Comment

Thanks for the reply I really thought I had to clear the cmos.So the chip will get reconised thats great.Thanks Much Appreciated.JS

Comment

no problem :)

Comment

Thanks Mini, is that 2100tbred A or B or a Palomino core because I am going to be putting in the Tbred B next week and was curious if its a B how how its been running..........Thanks JS

Comment

honestly I'm not sure...I bought it last month in the middle of a crisis so I wasn't too picky and i havn't taken the time to check...which ever it is, it runs great so far

Comment

Working...
            X