Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows says my optical drives are scsi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows says my optical drives are scsi?

Stupid question i'm sure but...

I have a new lite-on burner and lite on dvd player...Although I can read from them fine, i can't write on the cd burner. This is when I discovered when you click on the properties for the 2 drives, it says they are scsi devices, which they are not of course.

Is there a setting in the bios or windows to select that they are not scsi drives?

I remember a setting like this on my old motherboard, but can't find it on this one.

thanks
    greg

That may not be ya prob but if the burner is the slave to the DVD then that is ya prob. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

wiggo...I tried switching them around and it makes no difference at all. I don't know why windows would think they are SCSI drives, as my board doesn't even have a scsi controller on it. It even says my HD is a scsi device. It writes and reads fine to my hard drive, but wtf? Is there somewhere i can manually set them as ide devices???

When i go into properties it says it's a
      WDC WD60 0bb-00CAA1 SCSI Disk Device.

This is frustrating as hell.

I keep on thinking its a jumper i'm missing somewhere, but its not.
      With both optical drives disconnected it still says my HD is a scsi device...this is a fresh install of XP. i don't get it but i need to return this stuff soon if i can't figure it out.

Comment

I am having the same kind of problem, sort of. I just bought a Pioneer AVR-4 DVD burner and installed it yesterday. I went to the properties and it showed up as a SCSI device also. It seems to work okay I guess. I haven't burned a DVD yet,so we shall see. The only thing I can figure out that it is different is that it is not designated as ab IDE/EIDE device in the manual, but as an ATAPI device. Got me as to what impact that might have. But maybe that means something to somebody.

Comment

I had a similar scsi problem with my lite on dvd rom device...i went to this sight and loaded the updated firmware and magically all my problems went away.

Comment

Working...
          X