Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day of Kane!!! Cheez is going down!!

OK, today is my day!!!!
    First my bro just got his computer over the weekend, so today i got to do my first ICS. Its on dialup, but better sharing it than me getting pissed because i cant get on (guess who is the gateway =) ) Than since we have internet access i hooked him up w/ seti.
    Also my KG7 came in, cant wait for the rest.
    I also got 4 more machines to run SETI at school.

Cheez you going down. This lil sucker will be right behind you, and when you least expect it, I will beat you!!!!!!
    Hahahahaaha!!! :flames: :flames:

I feel better now.

Now this will be a fair fight fellows so keep the blows above the belt and no bitin'. :devil win
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

All my stuff arived today!!!
      I also got some kick ass PC3000 Kingston memory instead of the 2700 that i ordered!!! :D :D I am a lucky *******!!!! this thing got the memory cooler onit. HyperX line.
      Put the whole thing together and it works, but still has some quirks.
      The only thing thats sucks is that i forgot that i have ISA modem, but no ISA slots. So i rigged up the old system (for which i need a case) to be my lil gateway.
      Cant wait till this thing is running stable, so i can crunch some WU.
      just thought i share.
      :afro:
      :cheers: :cheers:

ps check this out.
      http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...&threadid=8156

build by a+ certified technician. Quality is everything

Comment

Hurry

Comment

That looks similar to my workbench but 3 of mine are desktops stacked on top of each other and a P4 beside them. Gee I better hurry up and get back into first spot as there's gettin' to be far too many Yanks on my ass. :D

Comment

Well those are the doners for the cluster have most of the lan cards, just have to get the image file set up on server host comp its been a fun project so far harder than i thought but a great learning expirence to be sure, never knew that networking could be so much fun! even beyond networking, there now is only one reason.....to WIN!;)

Comment

Actually I'm not goin' diskless cluster as for the price of half that memory required I can get a 1GB HDD and use half that memory so each of mine will be cross cached so that if the server goes down while I'm not around there will be sufficent work units stored within the wall to last 4-5 days. Then I'll port the lot over to Linux if my experiments prove sucessful in that area and times can be improved by doin' such. :devil:

Comment

Day of Kane 2!!!!

Today was second day of Kane.
                I found out how much $$$$ I will be getting back from IRS! :eek:
                I had to look twice and count the zeros. I like what i saw.

Also I got my CompTIA A+ Certificate today in the mail! woohooo!!! : party ha
                And I also got a PC tech certificate from my college. :cool:
                Than I found that i did 100 WU in a month.

I need to find a place on the wall for all those certs.

Yesterday my car got hit, while it was parked!! Some people dont know how to drive. (than again in US its only $10 bucks for DL, so its like getting a slurpie in 7-11) But anyway, today i got the estimate for it and its $1100 bucks to fix it, which the guy will pay for. But since i got connections its going to run me a lot less than that!! So I will get some $$$$$$$$$

just thought i share.

Comment

You might want to watch out for one of my best friends...she is right behind you....quick...look over your shoulder...she's right there......yep thats her...the little red head with a vengeance..lil38spl....quick or shes going to pass you.....

sorry to hear about the rig bro...I feel for ya on the repairs and the anger at some putz hitting it!!! Just don't kick in his door or anything like that:devil:

Comment

Since i have a brother in the bussiness, the whole repeir will cost about $100. I am pissed that it got hit, but the extra $$ will probably get me another rig (so i get to crunch even faster), so i'm all good.

Comment

You'll need it as his lead is growin' ;)

Comment

;)

Comment

damn cheez, slo down!
                          You make me look bad. :D

I think i will catch him before we get to BATTLEMATE, but I think that Lynda will go down by the end of the week. and Wizzard within next 7 days or so.

Comment

Well seein' as one is standin' still and the other almost so that won't be hard to do. :p

Comment

Well seeing how i am only running two machines...shouldn't be hard to catch me...but soon very soon....Seti Cruncher One will be finished....then we will see...that will be 1 400, 1 333, 1 1.3, 2 550's, and a couple of 133's...then we see how fast we can get the #'s up....

Comment

Working...
                              X