Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Brass BALLS!

KaZaA Bites Back

Sharman Networks, the creators of popular file-swapping service KaZaA, is suing the recording industry and major film studios, accusing them of monopolizing entertainment and abusing copyright powers. The suit comes after several film studios and music lables sued KaZaA for copyright infringement, and providing free copies of music and films to millions of KaZaA users. Sharman, based in Australia, is seeking a jury trial and damages in what is sure to be one of the biggest cases to test the reach of US copyright law. Tonight on "Tech Live," get the latest details of the suit that could determine your ability to download your favorite entertainment from the Web.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Now this will be interesting. :D

Comment

First napster and now kazaa. Well i use imesh so i'm safe for a while i hope:)

Comment

There is certainly a possibility that this countersuit will have merit.
        I'll be staying tuned for sure!

Of course, my opinion of KaZaa remains as low as ever, but the ramifications of a victory for them will be huge.
        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Yes wouldn't it as it would rattle the foundations of a long time monolith that has exploited many for a very long time and was allowed to get away with it. Yes I have very bad opinions about p2p myself but some sort of even footin' must be made to bring that industry into line with the rest of the world and it's standards. :mad:

< /rant>

gee I must be gettin' old and crockettey or it's just this 43C heat and lack of sleep :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. C
            Of course, my opinion of KaZaa remains as low as ever, but the ramifications of a victory for them will be huge.
            I believe I still have an older version of the Lite package if you want. v1.71 if I recall... before they started adding stuff to the Lite bundle. ;)
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

Thanks for the offer Darthtanion, but I'll take a pass on that 1. I already have more files in my to-do list than I have hard drive

You may however be interested in this site;

The RIAA should get up to speed and apply a bit less effort toward greed.
              The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Working...
              X