Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agp 8x ???

Hi all ,

I`ve looked around but no easy answer to this question . I`ve got an agp 8x mobo , and an agp 8x card ..but both in the up to date BIOS and in the gfx card info it registers only 4x. I`ve got the latest geforce 4 drivers and the Hyperion via drivers ..so how do I get agp 8x out of my card ? Is it FSB related ? I`ve also tried to set my fsb to 166 but sys was totally unstable , I can take it to 142 max . Any help ??

thanks ,

Gerry: peace:

where or what program is telling u that its running at 4x? cause if its a windows program you cannot trust it 100%, also at what setting is it when u dont have the fsb overclocked? also can u give some specs as to what os and mobo and so on

Comment

Hi ,

My sys specs are at the end of my posting , my os is xp pro sp 1 . In the BIOS settings AGP can be 1x 2x or 4x ..no listing for 8x. And the Nvidia info in windows lists the agp as 4x ..as well as Sisoft Sandra.

Thx ,
      G:cheers:

Comment

are you sure you have an 8x mobo? If it's not, then it wouldn't give you a 8x setting in the bios.

As for my own mobo, it is 8x compatable, and gives me the option of using 8x in the bios, even though my card is only 4x

the fsb setting should not have any affect on whether you can get 8x or not

if your mobo bios will only go to 4x, then that is why you only see 4x in WinXP

edit:
        I looked up your mobo, and it goes say it's 8x..so now my queston is: Is your videa card truely 8x?

Comment

Hi ,

Hmm I see what you mean . I was under the impression that all the Ti series cards were AGP 8x ..but it seems only a few are. Lol this is why I cant get to AGP 8x !! Now whether to fork out for one or wait for the Nvidia FX to decrease in price :devil:

Thanks for your help ..lol couldnt see the wood for the trees

Gerry

Comment

From what others have told me, there is no compelling reason to trade out a 4x card for the same card in 8x. I'd wait to upgrade to the FX. : peace:

Originally posted by Neoprene
            Hi ,

Hmm I see what you mean . I was under the impression that all the Ti series cards were AGP 8x ..but it seems only a few are. Lol this is why I cant get to AGP 8x !! Now whether to fork out for one or wait for the Nvidia FX to decrease in price :devil:

Thanks for your help ..lol couldnt see the wood for the trees

Gerry

Comment

I'll find out about 8x AGP for myself sometime next month with an EPoX 8RDA+ and Leadtek A280 LE TD My VIVO (plus a few other things). :devil win

anyone heard when those paired Corsair XMS3500 sticks are likely to hit Aust.? :?:
              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

aye, don't get a new card just to go to 8x, unless it is going to be a significan't upgrage...like going from a gf2 to a gf4

so i say wait and spend your money on a real badass card

Comment

Working...
                X