Sunbeam Gear. What did you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunbeam Gear. What did you think?

Just wondering what you thought of the kind of gear that Sunbeam has produced. http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...review&dId=429

How was the read by the way :)

it all looks good, but i have actually never heard of them before reading that article! i think the reason for this is because i only ever looked at things at Pccasegear.
    The rheobus looks good, but how much do these things cost?

//alias

Comment

Originally posted by //alias
      it all looks good, but i have actually never heard of them before reading that article! i think the reason for this is because i only ever looked at things at Pccasegear.
      The rheobus looks good, but how much do these things cost?

//alias
      Half the problem is its hard to find this stuff in Australia. I think PCRange are bring some of there gear in limited numbers. But that is all i really know as far as it is concerned on where to buy this stuff here.

Comment

Originally posted by TOXIC
        Just wondering what you thought of the kind of gear that Sunbeam has produced. http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...review&dId=429

How was the read by the way :)
        :D
        Great Read Toxic.......seen da bus before, but the rest was way

fresh and healthy lookin' still tryin' ta locate their gear stateside
        though.........:cheers: :cheers: :thumb:
        Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

I gotta get me some of those Cold Cathode Fans, they look sweet as.
          I don't like the idea of the control knobs on the Rheobus. I could just imagine some smarta$$ turning them down or off on you and that wouldn't make anyone very happy. Even just a dog or cat walking past and brushing itself against it could be dangerous.

Other than that, I found the reading interesting. :thumb:

Comment

I just installed the Sunbeam Rheobus in silver last weekend. The install went without any hitches (that weren't my fault) and the unit works and looks great. I actually wanted the 3 1/2 model featured in the Rheobus article, as I'd found it for $22US on a site, but alas, snoozer=loser. I waited too long and they'd sold out. I got the Sunbeam at NewEgg for $35US, and I'm actually happier. I have 2 80mm Enermax fans for exhaust on one channel, 1 ea 120mm Ennies on their own channels, and a 92mm Ennie over my Zalman GPU cooler. What can I say? It works exactly as advertised and at max fan with no load, my system is sitting at 27C/35C. I turn it down to the red, and then just a bump into the blue at night while SETI runs, and in the morning the temp is still pretty much the same.
            A couple notes....If you have an old PSU laying around, or perhaps a lot of 4 pin molex adapters, clip a good length for your setup and number them for each channel. Then you can screw these to the bus on the rheostat and pass them to the backside of your mobo plate and just plug whatever fans you like in. You'll be able to remove them easier later for replacements/upgrades. I suppose you could also do this with 3 pin types too, but you'll lose your fanspeed monitoring in either case, unless you use a 3-4 pin adapter that also plugs into the mobo for case fan monitoring. I need one more myself. Anyone know where to get one? It's the one with both male and female 3 pin and the standard dual 4 pin arrangement.
            All the fans work in the blue LED zone, so worrying about someone turning down your fans is moot. You can tell at a glance whether the fan is red, blue or off. If the switch is on the back of your case or unlit....well, you're fair game ;):cheers:

Comment

Working...
            X