Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moddin problems

i got a problem
    because of the fact that im kinda lazy i want to cut a hole for a 120mm fan in the top of my case w/o having to take all my **** out.......help plz :snip:
    **LAPTOP**
    Core 2 Duo "Memron" T7500 (2.2ghz)
    Intel Crestline GL960/GM965/PM965
    4096mb DDR2-667 5-5-5-12
    NVIDIA Quadro FX 570M (512 MB)

Find someone then to take the **** out for ya as it must come out. :devil win
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I actually did cut a hole in the top of my case with everything in it. I had enough clearance inside the top of my case to put a Tupperware bowl to catch any metal flakes. The bowl fit right up to the top so there was no where for the metal flakes to go but in the bowl. I used a case nibbler tool to make the cut. See final result pic below.

Comment

Another pic.

Comment

not bad but whered ya gi thte case nibbler :snip:
          **LAPTOP**
          4096mb DDR2-667 5-5-5-12

Comment

I got it on eBay. Here's one - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=3669

Comment

was that case nibbler easy to use? looks like a few scratches on the top of your case--are they noticeable?

Comment

The nibbler does scratch up the case a little, but they were all covered up by the fan gaurd. The scratches on top are from my router I had sitting on it and there's a load of dust on top since I installed the fan. At first, I was upset about the scratches, but when I put the cover on, I couldn't see them.

Comment

ill git onto that and ill post pics soon as im done thanx

:cheers:

:snip:
                  **LAPTOP**
                  4096mb DDR2-667 5-5-5-12

Comment

mrfin, a couple of questions for you...

was it hard to cut a circle with that nibbler? the directions on the back of the package has special directions just to cut a 90 deg angle, so I was wondering if it was really hard to change direction while cutting.

also, did you tape down masking tape or newspaper when you cut yours or did you nibble just the bare case?

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Malabooboo
                      [B]mrfin, a couple of questions for you...

I didn't understand the directions either at first. I just drilled my hole and figured it out by myself. I drilled the hole right in the center of my tracing and started to cut towards the outer edge. When you start cutting, you will quickly learn how the nibbler cuts the aluminum. Once I got to the edge, I just cut along my drawn line. You can make pretty tight turns with it. It does however take some time, it is only a nibbler, not a cutter. I did lay down some masking tape, but it tore right through it. I would use the nibbler again in certain instances, but I think I'll try using a Dremel to cut a top hole for my new case. I did like using it because it allowed me to cut a hole without having to remove the internal components.

Comment

did the inside get stratched?

what about cutting from the bottom (inside the case) upwards?

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Malabooboo
                          [B]did the inside get stratched?

That's a good question. I never looked. The inside of my case is bare aluminum anyway, so I wouldn't mind. As far as cutting from the inside out, the nibbler's blade is on the bottom and it pulls up to cut. That means that the blade would be on the outside of the case when you are cutting from the inside, that might make for a cleaner looking cut on the outside.

Comment

i think i may expiriment with some metal sheets first...

Comment

Working...
                            X