How Would i OVerclock a C633

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Would i OVerclock a C633

i am new to the whole idea of everclocking Could somebody please tell me some programs/Hints that would alow me to overclock my celleron 633?? THANKS!

firstly, can you tell us some more about your system.. more importantly, what motherboard you've got?

Comment

That would help but mainly you would be incressing the FSB (front side bus) frequency which yours atm would be 66MHz and that would be done either via jumpers or switches on the motherboard or in the BIOS if your motherboard supports any of these features.:smokin:
      Most name brand PC's don't support these features. :(
      <center> </center>

Comment

633 Celeron
        128 SDR ram
        Trigem Computer Inc. 82810 810 chipset (I think thats what you want)

all i really could say about now. Could you explain more on Increasing the Bus speed?

Comment

This link should help you understand some of the concepts of overclocking the FSB settings:
          http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...e=guide&dId=19

With your motherboard, I am not too sure about your success. The i810 chipset was basically a chipset that Intel brought out to give some stability to the P3 (and Celeron) line of processors, and a lot of these boards didn't offer a means to become aggressive.

After you understand the working of an overclock, dig around in the BIOS of the motherboard, or look for some jumpers on the board itself that will allow you to adjust the FSB speeds.

Keep in mind, though, that when you raise the FSB speeds, you are also going to be forcing the video card, sound card, NIC, and any other components installed to slots to run faster. Memory will also be moving beyong factory specs. While this is normally not a big issue, it is one that you should be aware of before you try your first evil deed.

Oh... and be careful. Those who tread into the Dark seldom return to the lighted pathways of factory specs again. :D

Good luck.
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

Working...
          X