PDA

View Full Version : Power Slide

dirtydog
02-01-2003, 05:51 AM
Check out these race cars.

http://orsm.net/media/update20030130/powerslide.wmv

ReSpAwN DeMoN
02-01-2003, 06:05 AM
ha ya I saw the vid before. That's amazing the drifting that those cars do.

There the Sylvia and the Skyline. Now from my understanding the skyline is AWD. It must be running Aloooooot of power to get the rear end to kick like that. :p :p

Wiggo
02-01-2003, 06:43 AM
Just like rallyin' but on tar. :D

Those cars can vary the ratio of power delivery front to rear and likely they had it set at 30/70 so that the rear wheels could get that attitude up. ;)
<center>:cheers:</center>

ReSpAwN DeMoN
02-01-2003, 06:47 AM
Well now that explains that. hehe thanks

See I was actually thinking that they maybe disconnected the power from the front wheels? But then I was thinking why would they do that? :confused:

Moose
02-01-2003, 12:47 PM
Ah yes, Japanese Drifting, they really know how to make superb handling powerful cars in Japan.

They have some amazing cars over there, wish we had more of them over here, would make some interesting races
:cool:

E^vol
02-01-2003, 01:02 PM
Now that's driving !
I get sideways a lot lately, but it's just creative use of the handbrake.. ;)
p.s. the snow helps...

Wiggo's-sister
02-01-2003, 03:57 PM
That looks like ausome fun!!!

The only way some of the cars over here could do that, was by apply oil on the road or tyres and then putting the peddle to the metal. :crazy:

Valkyrie
02-01-2003, 08:00 PM
I luv DORIFT

there are a few clubs popping up in QLD

but yeah the japs do it filth

as you would know if youve seen Hi performance imports series of Vids

Valkyrie
02-01-2003, 08:09 PM
oh and BTW that skyline has had the front drive dissabled

a: it slows down under acceleration

B 4WD drifting opposite locks/over steers differently (should i say not opposite locks) going though & and out of the corner the corner

Moose
06-23-2003, 10:50 AM
Some more drifting vids

http://meggala.com/driftless/driftlessonexpert1.wmv

soricho
06-26-2003, 01:19 PM
slows down under acceleration. hmm seems impossible. the skyline's limited slip diffs are controlled by the computer and a center wet clutch type diff. sequential turbos ensure power is always on. and the cpu sends most of the power to the rear wheels when power is added. it only sends significant amounts of power to the front when it senses wheelspin and by that time your already sideways when your drifiting.