GF4 where are you??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GF4 where are you??

I'm going crazy waiting for the geforce 4 to come out... i was reading off of one of the links posted about asus and it said that it wasn't mass shipping until the end of febuary... that means i am going to have to wait about a month before it's released.... hey do you guys think that the price will drop much if a wait a few months and do you think that it would be wiser to get a low end gf4 or a top end gf3... also as a side note is it me or does that gf4 ti4400 (i believe that was the name of the second best one) sound like it will be pretty good and worth it if it isn't too expensive.... ( less that gf3 ti500 is now)

give it time dude.. personally, there is no real reason to get a gf4 when they come out.. I've said this before somewhere, but at the moment, there is hardly anything that fully supports a GF3, so what's the point of getting a GF4? I'll admit, it would be good for bragging rights, and that slightly faster frame rate... but seriously, either wait until things start supporting it's new features, wait til they iron out any flaws that might come up, or they put out a new, improved version of the 4... there's no point rushing out to buy own..

[/rant]

Comment

Ok read this. ;)
      Oh btw this has been removed from the front page of The Register now. :D
      <center> </center>

Comment

oh thanks for the tip. I understand what you are saying. It's just that i have an old video card, savage 2000 and it doesn't work very well in windows xp and i need a new video card.. I don't really want to buy a geforce 3 now and have to upgrade soon you know what i mean. So would you suggest that i wait a few months and buy a geforce 4 or should i just get a gf3 ti 500 when the price falls... thanks for the tips

Comment

It depends on how much money you can spend. When the GF4 cards hit the streets, they will be expensive. If you just wanna have the best, most cutting edge card in the world, then get a GF4. If, however, you actually have a budget to fit in, then the GF3 cards will still be able to handle all software on the market, and will probably continue to do so for at least another year or so. It just depends on what you have to spend on your new toy. :)
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

Working...
          X