lite-on dvd rom problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lite-on dvd rom problems

I just got a new lite-on DVD rom for my new system which isnt completely built yet. I put the new drive in my current computer just to see if it works and i am not getting a very smooth play back. Seems to be a little jumpy. Play normal for 5 secs then speed up of a sec then normal for 5 secs then speed up...and so on. I am wondering if this is a software issue or something wrong with the drive. I am running windows xp with media play 9. I am using the default driver from windows xp. I bought the drive OEM so it didnt come with a driver disk. My system is older but not that slow, at least i didnt think so. If new drivers would help where can i get them. I couldnt find them on any websites. I appreciate your timely responce in case i have to RMA it back. My computer hardware is listed below.

Just noticed something that might help diagnose the problem. I looked at my device manager and under the DVD/CD-ROM drives i have my hp 9100 cd buner and the liteon ltd 163 BUT i also have this ELBY DVD-ROM scsi CdRom device listed....i have no clue where this come from i have no scsi items in my computer. Could this be the problem? How do i get rid of it...i unistalled it in device manager but as soon as i reboot it reappears.

Comment

ata on?

Comment

I think maybe you meant DMA.
        Make sure that DMA is enabled, I believe that might help if it isn't enabled already.
        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

DMA is on. I updated the firmware and that solved the scsi drive problem. I still get the jittery sound and video but i think that is because i only have a gforce2 pro which doesnt have any dvd decoding built in. Does anyone know where i can get some software to do this or that might help?

Comment

Working...
          X