X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burning movies to cd rom

Hey Guy's,
    Can someone help me out here ?
    I've managed to download some movies from source's on the net,, all above board of course.
    The thing is,,I'am new to all this DVD copying thing etc.
    I have a CD burner and a dvd player in my pc and I have nero etc installed.
    I can download and watch a movie ok on media player etc,, but so far cant seem to get it burnt onto cd,,,It appears to be going through the encoding proccess and burning and so on,, it even says the burn was sucessfull, but when I try to play the copied disk back I get nothing,, it isnt even recognised as being in the drive, it says please enter disk when the disk is already in the drive.
    I have went into mycomputer and tried to check the properties of the disk but it says no disk !
    I even thought I might have had the disk in upside down and changed it but still nothing, you know how these blank disks look really similar on both sides, easy mistake to make, hehe !
    I'am using just regular blank cd's,, ya know the ones that you get 100 for next of nothing price wise, could that be the problem ???
    I'am also using windows xp and I plan to watch movies I copy on my home dvd player on my Television and not really to much on my computer.
    Anyway's can someone help please, thanks.

http://www.doom9.net/ ;)

Comment

KiSS DVD/DivX

Comment

cool tomi_s.
        But as I'am a begginer, how do i do the whole thing.
        I have a regular cd copier drive, i have blanks cd's (just regular type 700min-80mb), i have pentium 4 with windows xp and 512mb ram and of course fast cable internet connection.
        I have several movies downloaded from the net, most or all are AVi type files.
        I tried to encode from avi to mpeg 2, it was taking hours and then it would stop dead saying various error messages, one i can remember "cant play mpeg file, no mpeg software", or something to that effect,,,Plus another thing i noticed was that the parts of the film that did encode before error were huge in size compared too the size of same film in AVi format,,,SO,, whats best for me to do, programs,software etc etc,,, can someone help please ???
        :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

Comment

I think if you try to encode an compressed AVI file to mpeg2, the quality will be terrible. The thing you should do, is to encode the AVI files in to DivX format. I have this handy program VirtualDub , which you can encode a movie file to anything you want. The only limitations are the codecswww.virtualdub.org). Anyway the DivX codec and the DivX player are available for free in the internet (www.divx.com

Comment

http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...&threadid=8707 : omg:

Comment

I think I'll just use the wire I've bought and connect the pc to the Tv and watch the films that way, lol,,, it all seems like a hell of a pain in the ass,,, brain meltdown stuff, lol.

Dont you guy's think its all too much hassle ????

Comment

Comment

im not quite sure what youre trying to do here..

are you burning the movies into discs for back up?
                  if so, check if ur not burning at a higher speed than what ur cdr media can handle.

or to watch the burnt movies to a dvd player..
                  the simplest way would be.. using your s-video connector (or whichever wire u got to connect to the tv)

Comment

Hey you fools if ya's really looked at the first link that I provided ya's would find it has details to every possible question that ya asked or may even ask on this subject.

Comment

Seems to me that people ignore you when you send em to that link wiggo. might have to turn this thread into what the other one became. ;)

Comment

I think that it's gettin' time for a roundup and brandin' myself. :flames:

Comment

YEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAA
                          Head 'em up an move out, Rawhide....get along lil doggies
                          :woot: :woot:
                          Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

Hey guy's, I do appreciate all your help.
                            I'am not really wanting to start a new thread for this quick question unless you think I should.

I was wondering just how difficult it is to download and copy playstation games etc and put them onto disk for use on a playstation console.
                            Is it equally as much of a pain as the dvd's or is it a complete different thing altogether ? I got people asking me about it too.
                            Any Ideas ?
                            Again,, your quotes are much appreciated, cheers,

:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

Comment

:no:

Easy or difficult is of little consequence.
                              There is to be no discussion of such matters within this forum.

This is not the place for lessons in software piracy
                              The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Working...
                              X