PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS3

With the PS3 not due until 2005, it's unlikely that it'll bare any resemblance to
    this pic, however I thought I'd post it anyway, after all it does look pretty cool.

were the hell did u get dat pic from:eek: i never knew ps3 would look like dat!!!!woww

Comment

Reports spread out of Taiwan that Sony was planning to stun the world and release the PlayStation 3 this year. At least one
      major wire service took the bait and ran the story, forcing Sony to issue a quick and firm denial.

Even the most optimistic sources don't expect to see the next "next generation" consoles until late 2004 – and that's almost
      certainly a fantasy. More and more, it appears that the PlayStation 3, Xbox 2 (or, as some are calling it, the "Ybox") and next
      Nintendo game machine won't see the light of day until 2006.

Comment

gamecube nxt console will come out maybe even 2008!!!its just been a year since gamecube came out so y would they bring out da nxt gamecube nxt year?

Comment

a) make money
          b) beat the competition on a next-gen console
          c) make more money

Comment

b/c if the "Ybox" and "ps3" come out with great gfx, wireless internet (yes they are all gonna go wireless) they are going to be like computers more and more as each generation passes (they all use gfx cards which hasn't been done before except in a computer, i think)

Comment

i had heard a while back that theyre gonna make a PS 3add-on for the PS2 that you stick ion the expansion bay, that way you dont have too shell out as much cash if you own the PS2

Comment

Originally posted by amd_man2003
                i had heard a while back that theyre gonna make a PS 3add-on for the PS2 that you stick ion the expansion bay, that way you dont have too shell out as much cash if you own the PS2
                completely bogus, it's an entirely new architecture using a new processor and all that. And don't forget the great history of console add-ons (SNES MegaDrive anyone? ;) )

Comment

thanks for the info, but what exactly is that big stupid exp. bay for then? PS2 revisions?

Comment

iunno, i dont even pay attention to anything except blowing up some hooker in the GTA series

Comment

PS2 bay is for a hard drive for the Linux kit. Buddy of mine has one, VNCs to his PS2 from his upstairs computer.

Yes, he's a little off ;)

Comment

The PlayStation 3 will have a three-disc multi-changer, Bluetooth and internet connectivity. That's the word from design consultancy seymourpowell, which T3 asked to draw up a design of the next-generation console. The company's vision for the PS3,which it dubs the 'Sony Network PlayStation', looks amazing.

In its design, games come on mini-DVDs, although the console can still play PS1 and PS2 games. The upper section of the mushroom-like PlayStation screws onto the base to cover unsightly ports. Broadband Internet gaming comes as standard, of course, and Memory Sticks replace existing memory cards. The controller is virtually unchanged, although you can plug a headset in, and it's wireless - using Bluetooth, naturally. A hard drive is inside, with fast chips from IBM and NVidia powering the visuals, creating stunning game worlds. But that's not all - this PS3 can be embedded into other devices such as PCs, tablets, cars and planes.

Sadly, we'll have to wait a year or two before the real thing comes along, but it's good to dream.

Comment

hm, i would think m$ has nvidia by the balls

Comment

Sounds pretty sweet ! And I don't even like consoles - PC devotee- that might change (dual platform-hehe)
                            SPAM Special Ops

Comment

Thats gonna be cool, hard to wait but until then I will still get lots of fun with my Dreamcast (when i'm not here) or playing mech or red faction......or doing something realy stupid with a computer.
                              Everybody forgot (if they even knew in the first place) that it was the first online console, and the only 1 so far right out of the box at launch. Sony and m$ were too slow at that. Most console gamers here waited for gamecube.
                              Many years ago , I promised myself I would never get more than 1 console per generation.
                              athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
                              tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
                              asus a7n8xe-dlx
                              thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
                              bfg 6800gt
                              seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
                              samsung dvdrw
                              2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
                              logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
                              2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
                              creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
                              mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
                              DFI infinity nf4 ultra
                              thermaltake tsunami dream -black
                              seagate sataII 500gb
                              evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
                              samsung sata dvd-rw
                              2x1024 ocz black
                              logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
                              ocz fatal1ty 550w

Comment

Working...