Voltage readings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voltage readings

I'm getting a bluescreen after running 3d intensive games for about 15 to 20 minutes everytime. I ran sisandra and it tells me my processor is about 95 degrees ferneheit and power supply sensor is at around 75 degrees ferenheit so I think I'm okay there. But, my voltages are kinda screwy. I'm getting near zero reading for my -12 voltage reading and another voltage seems to be way off but I can't remember which one. Can my computer still run with messed up voltages like that. Could that be the source of my problem?

what ever program u are using to measure the voltages is either imporoperlt set up or its just messed up, if in Real life your voltages are 1-2v off your pc should shut off by itself ussually by a freeze. If u are using an Asus mobo get the asus monitor from the asus site, if u are using something else then if u go to the manif site im sure they have something there and if that fails try to look for a 3rd party monitor Or just go into your Bios and the proper reading should be there but then again u are not in windows, so what i can suggest is that after u freeze by playing games and restart go into ur bios and check then. About the games freezing this may be caused by your videocard overheating... so i would check the fan on that, and give it a shot of air to get rid of dust. GL

Comment

Thanks for the help. A few people in other forums suggested a bad power supply and 1 other suggested unplugging all of my PCI and AGP slots, wiping the connectors, and then reinstalling. Same for the RAM.

Comment

+/-5% is ya tollerence for all positive voltages. ;)

Comment

But is it possible to have 0 voltage for the -12 volt reading? and still have a working system?

Comment

Yes it is and some mobo's don't support the measurement of negative voltages even though the value is shown in BIOS. If ya mobo does though this value can be either 0v or -12v but anything other than these two can mean a short but with very little in the way of any standards in this area makes it very hard to say for certain. :(
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

ah thank ya. Cheers.

Comment

Well, I decided to put a big fan pointed into my comp and this worked for two days straight! I decided on the third day to play my games without the fan and it worked fine for hours! I guess whatever debris that was heating my computer was blown out by the fan!

Comment

Working...
                X