Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD ClawHammer

Hey guys,
    Just wanted to know when the AMD ClawHammer is gonna come out. The website (www.amd.com) says "first half", but what the hell does that tell u? a year ago, i thought it meant feb. 2003, like right now. but i've heard about AMD Athalons XP's that should hit 3400+, so that should take about half a year just to get up to that mark for the Athalon XP.

So if anyone knows when and how fast the first one will be released please tell me because if its a while i may just bye an Athalon 2400+
    <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

The "Business End" will get them very soon but us poor suckers look to be waitin' till September to give Barton a bit of breathin' space on the market first. :cry:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

A review I read on them said that they would have 4 gigabytes a sec of bandwidth, that with all 8 chips tied in, Although I have no idea how the setup goes for putting in 8 chips on the socket is gona happen,but I heard they tie in to each other or some mess like that.

Comment

:afro: :afro:
        Ori()n did u say 8 chips for the CPU(apperentlyCPU's) and 4Gig bandwidth!!! theres now way there gonna pull that of that like cell processors and thats not due till 2005. that will havet to top of at 5 GHz if there gonna do that so thats like wierd. tell me if there gonna actually have 8 chips though please
        <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

Comment

Thats what a magazine from www.computerpoweruser.com said or cpu for shor,t thats what they have their magazine named, anyways I'm pretty sure that its gona be 4 gb a sec bandwidth

Comment

Yes it would be interestin' to see just how many SETI w/u's one of them 8way Opertron servers with 4GB of RAM will do in a day. :D
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

w/u's?:cry:

Comment

w/u's = work units ;)

Comment

thanks

:cheers::shoot2:
                  :shoot2:
                  :shoot2:

NO more beer! life is too short to drink clear beer drink wine or rum besides more civilized people do that anyway

Comment

:eek: : omg: :wow:

Comment

man don't ya know wine is for wommen..:wow:

:cheers:

Comment

Working...
                      X