Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dunno where to put this, but I suppose here will do...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunno where to put this, but I suppose here will do...

Okay silly question I suppose, but before I rip apart this fan to see for sure, just curious if anyone's ever picked up cheapo (15 CDN$) Creair 80mm led case fans? The stupid buggers blink and aren't constant on, and what I wanna know is if the LED's are actually meant to blink, or whether there's some kinda timer system being implemented? (If there's no timer, then I'm **** outta luck I suppose.) ... Anyway, they look nice when they're actually lit (flash 'bout 3 times a second, very annoying), so I wanna (if possible (again don't wanna rip a fan apart yet)) remove the timer and connect the leads directly so the bloody things STAY ON!!! heh... Anyway, any help appreciated as always.

Yeah those fans are ment to flash. I'm not possitive about how to stop it.:cheers:
    And yes this is the right place to put it.

Comment

Okay, time to rip one apart then :)

Just annoying, not only do I have to catch outta the corner of my eye, my wireless LAN card flashing from the inside (PCMCIA card on a pci card (damn cisco)) so i see it flashing, but now heh... grr :)

Oh and thanks for the quick reply :)

Comment

is this the type of fan that as the armature spins it makes the contact for the LED's:?:
        If so, it might take some fair bit of modifying to get the constant-on effect.

Go for it!:thumb:
        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

I have a few of these fans. I just clipped one of the leads to shut them off. They are very annoying. See pic. The upper left fan is the one that had blinking blue leds. My green cathode lights it up now.

Comment

Working...
          X