laptop screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laptop screen

i recently "acquired" (got a broken 486 laptop and ripped the screen out) a laptop screen and i was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how i could hook it up to my comp and make an ultra 1337 lcd-type mod(i aready made the laptop into an ultra 1337 mod ;))

heres a pic of it anyways:
    TweakTown SETI@home Team

i had no idea u could do such a thing????? Darth?!?! Mr C?!?!!!:?:

Comment

it is doable

you will need to get some leet software to contral it
      but there are lots of posts on the hardforums telling you how to do it i just cant realy be bothered finding them at thge moment its been a long week:):afro: :zzz: :bounce: :thumbs do :bounce2: : peace2:

Comment

dude thats pretty kewl
        TT Original

Comment

if i do manage to get it working (very doubtful) i might even write up a quick article on how i did it for yas to enjoy :) (time etc permitting of course :))
          TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Wow awesome mod!

Comment

Originally posted by Synthetic
              i had no idea u could do such a thing????? Darth?!?! Mr C?!?!!!:?:
              yeah, it will be close, yet very far to a LCD mod that they have oh so many out there.

it wil be an LCD mod that very different :D
              TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

I know a guy where I live that modded his car sound system with a Laptop monitor and hid the rest of the laptop in his trunk and ran a his whole system thata way

Comment

WOW nice modding! :p

Comment

yeah it was awesome, he fiberglassed the LCD into his dash. We was running a distro of Linux on it and controlled it by display on receiver... I have to say that was great engineering. Never asked him if he did it himself or did he take it to a stereo installation place

Comment

There was a fellow sellin' a Lian Li case on Ebay a few days back and that had a LCD sreen in the motherboard side of the case. :thumb:
                      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

do you have the url for the auction?
                        TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

LOL Andy. I don't imagine it would be easy, maybe doable. Got any friends in the monitor industry? :devil win

Comment

Youll be in for a few surprises which will turn into barriers at some stage of the mod development. Getting the lcd into the case is easy enough (My mates (failed) project had it on a hinge on the side of his case), but powering it and finding a driver/interface will be the hardest part. Id google the model number and get as much info about the screen as possible. Especially its power requirements.

Thats as far as my mate got with his project. He finally found something to power the screen, but he is still stuck on the interface and how to 'drive' the screen.

Comment

Yeah it would be very difficult to do but give it a try!

Comment

Working...
                              X