CDROM access resets PC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDROM access resets PC!

When I try to access my CDROM drive with WinME Explorer, the CD starts rotating and then the PC resets itself!

What about?

Full system spec please.
    Don't forget to mention your power supply unit.

:cheers:

Comment

Power supply: Deer DR-A250ATX (250W)
      CPU: AMD Athlon 1100MHz
      MainBoard: QDI Kinetix 7E-A, BIO v3.8
      RAM: 256MB SDRAM
      DVD-ROM: Samsung SD-612S
      CD-R/RW: Samsung SW-240B
      Video: NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64
      Audio: VIA AC'97 Audio Controlle (WDM)

Comment

250W psu is not always enough, do you use one harddrive or more? Try and unplug one cd drive and all things that need power, sutch as system fans and any secondary hdd if you got one.. Then try again, if this problem don't occour then your psu probably can't supply your system with enough power and shoud be replaced with a more powerful one, at least 300W.

Btw is the system overclocked..:?:

Comment

Originally posted by The__tweaker
          250W psu is not always enough, do you use one harddrive or more? Try and unplug one cd drive and all things that need power, sutch as system fans and any secondary hdd if you got one.. Then try again, if this problem don't occour then your psu probably can't supply your system with enough power and shoud be replaced with a more powerful one, at least 300W.

Btw is the system overclocked..:?:

i agree, but one more thing I must add most outlets are rated only to a certain amperage and if you have something like a laser printer and 3 or 4 PCs plugged into the same power strip you may be pulling more juice than your outlets can handle.

Comment

Working...
          X