Koolance system or homemade water cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koolance system or homemade water cooling

has anyone had any experience or done a review on the new Koolance water cooled setup. I have been using water for awhile now but am planning on making a new box and don't want to do all the work.
    Yes, Use a Koolance for your second box
    0%
    Use a Koolance for everything
    0%
    No, use the same type setup you have in other box for watercooling
    0%
    I don't know what Koolance is
    0%

You don't want to do all the work? Simple buy the koolance!

Comment

The latest Koolance is very good by all reports but really the final decision is up to how much work you want do. :devil win
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Well see I have a water cooled system now and love it. This second box will not receive as much attention as my main rig. Wiggo didn't you post a web news event about the new Full tower by Koolance? If so could you pass me the link, I think I remember seeing it.

Comment

There's been a few now but I can remember these one's. ;)
          http://www.hardocp.com/reviews/cooling/koolance2/
          http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/01q4/011029/index.html

Comment

Thanx bud,

When I get it I am thinking of modding the bay the radiator is held so I can get a super chilly rig. Maybe also add a window

Comment

Personally my experience with koolance sucked a little. When I got it, the case is not the prettiest thing, and I ran it overnight and water spillied out (they overpressured it). The tubing connection to the components is too short in my opinion. But I have to give them one thing, they took it back with no problems, even payed for shipping.

Comment

Well the new Koolance case is different now http://www.koolance.com/products/pc2-601/ :devil:

Comment

Originally posted by nVladik
                  Personally my experience with koolance sucked a little. When I got it, the case is not the prettiest thing, and I ran it overnight and water spillied out (they overpressured it). The tubing connection to the components is too short in my opinion. But I have to give them one thing, they took it back with no problems, even payed for shipping.
                  Was that a first generation Koolance?
                  they had a lot of problems with those, new ones are supposed to be pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by ne0z
                    has anyone had any experience or done a review on the new Koolance water cooled setup. I have been using water for awhile now but am planning on making a new box and don't want to do all the work.
                    Since you already have a home built one to tweak, seems like a Koolance or other kit would be the best choice

Comment

T-Shirt, yeah, it was a first gen koolance. But I wasn't going to wait for them to release a new one, and in any case I heard the new ones are loud, unlike the first koolance that was noiseless. That was one of the biggest reasons why I tried it.

Comment

update,
                        My new Koolance rig come today, it is the new full tower with a pre-modded window from Frozen PC, everything seems to be working great. It was alot easier to set up than my homemade watercooler on my other box. Havn't tested the overclocking yet cause I am waiting for my new Soyo Dragon Plus to come in before I overclock my new XP. I will post pics as soon as I can

Comment

Good luck with it dude! And now wating for some pics!

Comment

Originally posted by nVladik
                            T-Shirt, yeah, it was a first gen koolance. But I wasn't going to wait for them to release a new one, and in any case I heard the new ones are loud, unlike the first koolance that was noiseless. That was one of the biggest reasons why I tried it.
                            As I remember the biggest problem was leaks caused by lack of expansion room for the coolant, should be preety easy to Mod that (once your new rig is running smooth)
                            other problem was inadaquite cooling (fans maybe a little too quiet?)

Comment

scratch that, Just reread your first post, you sent it back, that's the best fix for defective stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X