Rheobus,fanbus, baybus advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rheobus,fanbus, baybus advice needed

I am going to be modding my case over the summer (Enlight 7237) I need a good cheap rheobus to go wit it.

define "cheap", and how many controls do you need (i.e. how many fan circuits?)

Comment

Here's one that will have your case lit up like a carnival ride:D
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

oh my god that's PHAT!! and incredibly cheap, too. kinda low power, though...my 120mm fans draw almost 4 amps each (4A x 12V = 48W) and it only handles 20W per channel. well worth the price tag, though....if you're using it for lower-draw fans.

Comment

that is nice I like the price too. 20w does that mean per switch or for the whole thing. Also I was thinking about one of these: some Rheobus and baybus

Comment

that's 20W per switch, which is still better than the best rheobus on that link you just posted (17W per switch). Also, take it from one who knows....I'd definitely go with a rheobus over a standard fanbus. I made the mistake (?) of building a fanbus a couple months ago with DPDT switches and bi-color LED's, and I still have the desire for more control over my fan speeds. Anyway, you couldn't build a fanbus for as little as that rheobus costs, nevermind getting multicolored knobs to boot. Also, you can probably bend the 20 watt-per-channel rule if you put a small fan on the controller to keep the voltage regulators and pots cool. It's all about overclocking, whether it's a processor or a fan speed controller. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
            X