PDA

View Full Version : Audio Video Sync problems with PowerDVD 4 Deluxe

aquinianako
02-28-2003, 11:27 PM
I purchased the Powerdvd 4 Deluxe version so I can take advantage of the 6 speaker decoding. My home theatre pc is using a Audigy 2 PLatinum which is then connected to a Logitech Z680 (it's a 5.1 set). My videocard, All in Wonder 9700 Pro, is connected to an HDTV set.

When I use the 6 speaker output setting on the audio portion of Powerdvd, I get audio video sync problems in about halfway through a movie. The audio will be ahead for about a second or two.

On a recent attempt with WinXP, I tried using the PCI latency patch for my VIA KT266a chipset based mobo as well as using the latest VIA 4in1 drivers. I ended up with the video driver "loop" error. Uninstalled without success so I ended up reformatting and installing Win2000 Pro for the time being.

Has anyone ran into this problem and was able to resolve it? Tips will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

tukinnam
03-01-2003, 12:02 PM
does it only happen in powerdvd 4? and does it do it on all movies?

i've had problems with audio/video sync but then again, i was watching divx movies..

try restarting the movie and fast forward it to halfway, and see if it still does it.

aquinianako
03-02-2003, 06:30 AM
It only happens on PowerDVD4 Deluxe while on 6 channel mode. Symptoms do not appear when on 2 channel as well on ATI DVD player. Well, the ATI DVD player does 2-channel anyway.

It subsides after hitting stop/start but resurfaces in about a few minutes.

Anyhoo, I'll simply let the Logitech z680's external decoding do the job. Too bad, I paid $70 bucks for this app. :grr:

Thanks for the reply!