Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr. Rodgers of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood is dead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Rodgers of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood is dead.

Mr. Rodgers of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood is dead

The whole story here:
    MSNBC breaking news and the latest news for today. Get daily news from local news reporters and world news updates with live audio & video from our team.

What another crapy ass year this is turning into.

Sorry but I've never heard of him here. :(

Comment

I was never a fan, though my brothers watched him.
      Sad to see him go though, as a gentler, kinder soul would be a rare find.

Too bad there aren't more like him and less of the politicians and generals.

Not surprising you never heard of him Wiggo. He wasn't the type of TV personality to get busted shoplifting or picking up hookers.
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

He did a kid's show in the states called Mister Rogers' Neighborhood.

He was big in the eighties.

The article covers it pretty well but they are way of the mark when it says that he was the butt of comedians jokes. The jokes never actually made fun of the show they all made fun of society, gov, etc.

The only not so great thing is that I vaguely remember him bringing religious onto the show once or twice in a general way. I.e. if something bad happened it would be like ?and remember kids god loves all of you? etc

Comment

My ex husband used to do an adult inpression of him, It was very funny. But I'm sure that I have seen the mans show, ........at least a few times in the early years.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
            Sorry but I've never heard of him here. :(

Well maybe you should of Wiggo, then maybe you would have more friends in your nieghborhood!

Comment

Know also that in a privately published book in which,
              i believe, Barbara Walters interviewed him; when ask why he never had children on his show he pointedly stated that he was unable to tolerate kids at any age younger than 18, which was also his reason for never having been married as it would be utterly senseless to him when procreation was the major concept behind the ideology of the institution of marriage. Paradox:
              a big kid who refused to grow up & lived with his mother untill her death; Host of the longest run childrens TV show EVER.........And
              he hated all children in his presence!!!! Conflict of interest, i don't
              know; Homosexual, who truckin cares:?: An American Icon,
              to some. :wow:
              Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

Sounds like you know your Mr. Rogers dryadsoul !
                :smokin:

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeyTheBalrog
                  The only not so great thing is that I vaguely remember him bringing religious onto the show once or twice in a general way. I.e. if something bad happened it would be like ?and remember kids god loves all of you? etc
                  Were you aware that he was a Presbyterian (I think that's it) Minister? 'Cause it kind of goes a long way to explaing that:?:
                  The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Nope, had no clue as to his religious affiliations, until I read that article about his death.

Being Agnostic I didn't really appreciate the references.

Interesting stuff Dryad, I didn't know any of it.

Comment

by Fred M. Rogers

It's such a good feeling to know you're alive.
                      It's such a happy feeling: You're growing inside.
                      And when you wake up ready to say,
                      "I think I'll make a snappy new day."
                      It's such a good feeling, a very good feeling,
                      The feeling you know that we're friends.

Comment

Poor guy didn't even realize that he wasn't playing a real guitar

Comment

I do not in all honesty believe he was ever playing with a full
                          deck{acording to book of Hoyle};doubt seriously if the "man"
                          died as anything other than a true Virgin. Not certain was his parents/organized Christian Religion/both responsible for his
                          life time acheivement of total dillusionaly psychotic fantasy ideology. But, has to be an only in dysfunktional 'Merican society
                          success of turning his sick inner world into an enterprise revolving
                          around those he hated most......our children.....& making his life an even larger fallacy as his fickle public elevated him to Icon for his perversion of reality.
                          As a Druid/born again Pagan and active member of MENSA, i am incapable of/fail to see any sane logical criteria for such a paradoxical life such as his. I was raised by dope dealing gun packing scooter trash/1950's TV shows such as Walter Cronkite's
                          And you were there, Mousketeers,Howdy Doody,Soupy Sales etc.
                          Guranteed no child of mine or under my care has ever been allowed to view Mr.Rodgers Neigborhood/Barney for that fact.
                          Wellcome to Mr.Rodgers Fantasy Isle......De pain boss,De pain.
                          Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

OK, I can appreciate all that. But let me make 2 corrections if I might:?:

1.) He was married - to 1 gal, for quite some time up to his time of departure.

2.) Now, this 1 is important, so pay close attention!
                            He was CANADIAN

Thanks, just wanted to make that clear:D

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. C
                              2.) Now, this 1 is important, so pay close attention!
                              He was CANADIAN
                              So that's way our economy is so fupped hup! :D

Comment

Working...
                              X